The best BOAT IN camping near
Cornlea , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Cornlea Camping Reviews
Great place to tent camp!

The only issue I have is when the algae bloom happens every year, then there is no water activity permitted

Canoe or hike in and possibly see Bigfoot?

"Nebraska’s state wildlife management areas are open to… many activities, including hiking, bird watching, nature study, and primitive camping. Maps of WMAs may be found in the Public Access Atlas."

"Access to these lands is free, and no entry permit is necessary."

Primitive camping right along the beautiful Platte River just south of Schuyler, NE.

While hiking along the trail I came across a freshly killed deer. On my return I passed by again and saw the skin had been peeled back like a turtleneck shirt you are removing. I tried to think What animal would peel the skin of a deer??? So if you go there, keep a lookout for Bigfoot!

Algae

Unfortunately Willow Creek State Recreation Area, NE was under a health advisory when we arrived due to algae. We drove through the different areas and it was completely deserted so we continued on the Niobrara State Park. I did not check ahead because I just picked it off the map as we were driving. This seems like a nice , sparsely shaded area with water sports when it’s safe to be in the water……

Love love love!

Jeeping at Broken arrow is always so much fun! great people, great jeeping, great gathering with other jeepers, friends and a great guide for newbies ;) love it there!

Great little getaway

First time visitors to this campground and it was great. We stayed here on our visit up to Ashfall Fossil Beds(which is a must see for anyone with kids, and is only a 30 minute drive from campsite) Most RV campsites are within a minute or two walk to lake. Awesome bike trails take you all around the lake and even across a bridge and dam for great views from multiple angles. Lots of wooded area and picnic locations. Has a couple of playgrounds for the kids, the one our kids loved required a little bike trek from the campground to the north side of the lake. One minor note to add would be to use the restrooms in the shower facility. Other restrooms that were not in the shower facility didn't seem well maintained. Other than that we would definitely come back and stay at this campground.

Quiet Rving next to a great little lake.

Clean restrooms and showers. Some sites have lake access. Well wooded.

Perfect Go To

We found this campground a few years back and have visited multiple times. The lake is huge and great for fishing. There are miles of trails that we enjoyed. If you're into archery like we are, they have a great archery area. Nights are quiet and there are plenty of local spots nearby for the day time like a vineyard and for a little longer drive you can see ash fall fossil beds. This place is just great!