The best BOAT IN camping near
Campbell , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Campbell Camping Reviews
Clean and Peaceful

I was surprised how quite the sites were with it being so close to I80. The shower and bath houses are very clean. There is lots to keep kids busy … our 3 year old spent most of the evening catching toads.

Tolerable in August, but only because we could swim a little

A short drive from the Interstate. Lots of sites to choose from on a weekday in August. The sites are spread among the sand channel ponds. Incredibly, we were not bothered by mosquitos. Sites had picnic tables and fire rings. Fire wood piles were all around to help yourself from. There is a small “beach” area designate for swimming in one of the ponds. It is small. Because we were there during the COVID restrictions, we waiting until almost everyone left before we felt we would have enough space to swim without being within 6 feet of others. The water was nice and cooled us down nicely.

The newly build vault toilet was OK. Our son reported the men’s side was terrible. The women’s side was just fine. We needed a spot to stay close to the Interstate for a cross-country trip and this was open and available. I would not return. But I do remember the fireflies fondly. There were tons.

pretty views, nice owners

snagged a lake front spot on a Wednesday night, drove right in. when we went to check out the next morning the lady said we didn’t have to worry about paying. bathrooms are clean + have pretty hot water. I would camp here again

Mormon island review

I’ll start off by saying it’s pretty decent fishing. Some sides of the lake have a lot of moss but I caught a few decent sized in just a few hours. Besides that very crowded and would not consider camping at this location.

Surprisingly nice

This park is right off I-80 off one of the Grand Island exits. This park was actually a surprise to me. It was pretty clean, especially for as packed as it was. The spacing between camp site were pretty good. The lakes for swimming, fishing,, and nonpowered boats were clean. The trees, and grass areas were pretty as well, and had modern restrooms and showers. There are playgrounds, volleyball court, disc golf and nature trails available. There are camping for rvs, tent, and generator camping. And honestly if it weren't for the interstate noise (which was not bad) I would of forgot I was next to one.

One place to fill water tanks, boat dock, fish and cleaning station.

Rv and tent camping

State park sticker required. Fishing and swimming.

OVERNIGHT

Just a quick stop over but was very very clean and nice!!

Be prepared to wake early

After a long drive, I was looking for somewhere easy to get into and out of, near the interstate.  I stopped for gas and saw the sign for the sites and decided to give it a look.

When I got there around 5pm, I was able to have my choice of sites.  By 8pm, every site was occupied in the tent area.  This seems to be a good stopping point for transient campers as they pass, like myself.  This does cause an issue with the noise from I-80 just outside of the grounds, but the trees and a dirt berm help to keep that down to just a low drone.

Great campground location, and inexpensive.  The site, and amenities, are very nice.  The campsite itself is very well maintained and level.  The tent area restroom was very clean.  The showers are located over in the Cottonwood Campground, and are adequate.  This was my first encounter with the pay showers though, and I had to scrounge around for quarters to feed into it.

The only small problem is that at approximately 5am, I started hearing the air/fan boats from a local launch on the Platte River.  I was wide awake and had actually already packed my Jeep by 630am.  I am not sure if this is a normal occurrence, or just something that happened that one day.  Other than that, I would definitely say to give this place a try.

Edit:  The Bosselman Travel Center is a great place to pick up a little food as well as fuel up for your trip.

Great stop for the night

Stopped on our way through to Wisconsin. We ended up coming in late so they left our information in an envelope for us. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was because we got a tent site with electricity but didn't know we were going to get a site with only gravel. It may have been user error on my part…as I did make the reservation online. Beautiful site, but we just didn't stay long enough to enjoy all that was available to us. We had Soo much fun catching frogs/toads at our site!!