Camping in Brandon

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Brandon, Nebraska

29 Reviews of 8 Brandon, Nebraska Campgrounds

K
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

All depends on your neighbors

This place was great up until around 10pm when I noticed a strange pick up in cars coming through. Later I realized these are all the people who don’t want to pay and come in after the gate attendant leaves. Unfortunately, the caravan that came to the site next to mine around 11:30pm was awful.…

• Sunrise - right before taking down camp and gtfo before my neighbors woke up!
Natalie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Quiet and peaceful

This was a great little campsite that’s a little off the beaten path and for us was a nice surprise. The campground was quiet with some wildlife in and around the lake. There’s only a pit toilet and a few outhouses on the tent side. No showers. The only water pump I found was at the fish washing…

R
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

No longer a campground

I thought there was a new place to camp out on beautiful lake MAC. As of today 6/5/2021 it is only for day use and One needs to pay the state park fee to use it

Sitedid not stay
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Beach camping

This is a very cool spot. Many beach camping areas at Lake McConaughey. Some people have pulled their trailers within feet of the water to make for some great camping.

SiteBeach Area #17
Aaron R.
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Quiet place to stay at Big Mac

Stayed one night on the Big Lake and one night at the small lake. Both are very good, just more quiet and less traffic at Lake Ogallala. Very nice camp sites and good fishing.

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Lakefront beauty

Mid April, we were one of a handful of campers. We had our pick of sites at Lake Ogallala located at the base of the dam. We selected 38. Due to the high winds and cold, we weren't able to kayak/SUP as planned, but it would be a good place. Also, great places on the other side of the dam. The…

Dan X.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Summer windstorms

Stayed here on my cross country drive. Real calm at dusk on this reservoir, it picked up real fast into a certified windstorm by 2AM when I felt like my tent was about to be blown away into oblivion. LOTS of RVs.

Kiley C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2020

WOW for Nebraska

On my way East from Colorado a friend told me to take a stop at this beach if possible. So happy I did!! It was $8 in the ranger box, no staff on site. A cop drove through once. I don’t have 4x4 but there were spots I could still safely pull up to and feel right on the beach under the big trees.…

Lori K.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Quiet Little Spot

I drove beyond the golf course campground & found a spot next to the lake that had a fire ring. The road & plant noise did not bother me. Great spot for a quick overnight stay.

C
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2020

Nice stopover

Tent camped on the shore of the reservoir, this was a nice enough spot although a little noisy from the road and power station across the reservoir.

Evan L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2020

Beautiful place...can be a little smelly

Great sites right on a small peaceful lake. Just know if the wind changes you might get a little smelly at the campsites. Also look at beach camping up at the big lake above the dam. We didn't realize that was there until we drove in so FYI.

Jim H.
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2020

Great ocean beach camp spot in the middle of the country

Felt like I was at an ocean beach in the middle of NEBRASKA. Paid the necessary dues at the entrance to the beach area and then drove along the water to find the perfect spot. Backed the Jeep up to the water and called it home for the night. It was a little windy the day I stayed there...hopefully…

Kim & HSB B.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2020

Nice

Real quick review: Nice little no wake lake. We enjoyed the lake to paddleboard around. Tent camping one side and RV on my the other. Bath house Boat launch Playground RV hookups Dumpstation Short walking trail to the damn spout ..water all sites ..some electric Sites

Anthony B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2020

Great Stay for the Beginning of the summer!

From Colorado Springs, it was about an 4.5 Hour Drive and about 5.25 with "Pit Stops" along the Way.  Upon Arriving, you will need to pay for Nebraska State Park Permit (Out of State $45 Dollars, In State $30) and then a camping fee for camping on the beach which is $12 per day for primitive.

• Early Arrival looks like this, but by Thursday and Friday it is packed.
  • Beautiful sunsets are great!
  • Campfires on the beach!
SiteBeach Site #15/ Sandy Beach North End/ Beach Area in front of Lone Eagle
Kelly B.
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2020

Average at best

Campground is in decent shape and does offer amenities. Lots of cabins. We stayed in a Class C RV. Supposed to be very near the lake but the level was so low it was far away and inaccessible by walking. It was the reason we chose to stay here. The staff are friendly. The little store is decent.…