Alvo , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Alvo Camping Reviews
Not Bad - Depending on How Busy It Is

Not a bad lake to camp at; offers decent fishing, decent kayaking, and a swim beach. You may run into lots of party-folk depending on when you come here.

Good cell service; on Sprint I can get 4G and Sprint sucks so you should be good in that regard. Can get some really pretty lakeside spots if you get there early!

Great Location... Very Crowded!

This was a great location to explore different areas but it is a very crowded location. Some people like that and visiting with everyone.  That is not for me.  The campground is well maintained, the staff is friendly and our dogs enjoyed the dog park on the property.

Nice and convenient!

Lots of mature trees and grassy areas for playing ball or for the kids to run around! Nice cement pads but the trees need to be trimmed more frequently. Some cons are there isn’t fresh drinking water in convenient places..the hydrants are far as are the outhouses. The train tracks are super close and there’s a train every 30ish minutes so can be quite noisy! Over all, a beautiful place!

Camping Right on the Lake

It is a nice spot a bit off of the main roads. Many of the tent sites allow you to camp right next to the lake. It's generally pretty quiet and people respect the 10 pm quiet hours rule. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring.

Great little hiking park

Been coming to this place on and off for years. They have several hiking trails of different skills inside the preserve. There is a couple look out points of the Loess Hills as well as a educational visitors center. There is a rv camping site, as well as cabins that can be rented. There also 2 types of tenting as well. There is the walk up sites near the cabins, and also a few hike in camp sites.

Mahoney review

My buddies and I rented cabin in the area. Lots of options when it comes to cabins tent areas and RV pads. There is enough here to keep you busy for a long time my favorite is the eagles nest you can see miles down the river. If you have a family I would strongly recommend a visit. Might be biased due to having a bunch of birthday parties here growing up but it’s one of my favorite places to take my son. Photos are taken from river looking at Mahoney.

Nice park, but....

There is a lot of good thing s about this park. There are several lakes to choose from to fish, or nonpower boats. There is a swimming area, beach, and play inflatables for kids in the water. There are playgrounds for kids. Various restrooms in the park, and campsites are spaced fairly well apart. There also nature trails and some camping at river side of the Platte. There is a nice little concession store in the middle of the park, and you can rent kayaks, canoes, and various kinds of paddleboards. However the park is always crowded with people, and trains always seems to fly through town several times at night.

Rockford review

Large lake. Not overly crowded and very dispersed. Got a really good vibe from the RV area. Nice clean swimming plus the pads that float on the water. Decent fishing I caught two good sized in an hour. I would recommend if you are in the area. Only downfall is I got no cell phone service the whole time.

Close to town easy in and out fishing

I like this site because I can get there within 20 minutes from my house in Lincoln. Paved roads and parking lot. Easy to use boat ramp. If you enjoy dock fishing this is the lake for you. They have several individual docks to fish off of. The catfish will come right up to them at night.

Love, hate

I have a love, hate relationship with this park. There are things I like, and things I don't like. There is plenty of things to do. Swimming and slides at a pool, paddleboats, fishing at some spots, bicycle rentals, ziplines, rock climbing, and other similar activities. However there are no tent camping, and the spots are not level, and are small. The place to me is not relaxing and not quiet, and everytime I have been there it is always packed. I will say I am probably to only in my family that feels this way. So if your more of an outdoors men type of person you probably will feel the same way I do. But I would not dismiss the idea of going to this park.