Camping in Rexfield

64 Reviews of 17 Rexfield, Iowa Campgrounds

j
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Very Nice

I was surprised at how well maintained this place is especially for a dispersed camping area.

Site#5
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Wallashuck Rec Area

Very nice campground, each sight has a fire ring and table, plus a lantern pole. It is in a city park like setting and on the lake. Fire wood for sale at the entrance, you have to get water at the entrance only electrical hook up. Showers are very clean and there is also a children’s play ground.

Sitewood area space 9
Steve W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Very nice

Very nice corp park. Campsites were spaced well apart with plenty of room on pad around campsites, cell service was four bars and air tv 30 channels

SiteJ12
Tim M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Happy place

I have camped at lake wapello for 32 years in a row over my birthday in September it is the cleanest friendliest best wildlife great fishing wonderful campsites a place that I will always return to.

R
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Great location, tons of amenities

Marion County is often overlooked by people in favor of the various Red Rock campgrounds that are nearby, but in my opinion, unless you have a boat, there is nothing that puts Red Rock above Marion County. They have done a great job in recent years updating sites a few at a time, adding pavement…

Evan G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Quaint campsite near a lake

I wish I new how to fish because this campsite offers a beautiful lake with plenty of bass. On top of that, the fire pit has a very nice two-tier cooking grate that can be rotated on or off the fire, although I couldn't find any firewood sold at the park, Indianola Iowa is just a few miles north…

Christine R.
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Early Spring Visit

Used to go here as a kid, was always good fishing. We visited one week before the water and modern bathrooms were ready, so that was challenging. The park seemed a little rough to be on the cusp of true spring camping. Derecho looks to have hit here, lots of clean up to do. I never saw a ranger or…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2021

Best of the 4 Polk County Iowa Parks

Wonderful trails, lots of space.  Access to DM River, has nice pond, playgrounds, just a beautiful area.  Fishing not the greatest, Pond is silted to about 9ft deep, have caught few small bass, bluegill.  Never tried the river here, but is known for big cats.  Camp sites are best around, large flat…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2021

State park, make a reservation.

Good sized lake, nice beach, camp store operators real nice. Decent distance between sites for a state park on Iowa. Boat rentals. On my annual camp rotation.

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2020

Hard to find real camping for free

Fire pits with grills and everything.

Unfortunately we were there in the dead of winter as a stop over on a road trip, but it was easy to find and easy to get into the park to the camp sites.

For just outside of Des Moines, pretty good spot.

Elisha  L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2020

LOVE!

I grew up a few miles from this state park so stayed here when we went back to visit family. This park, like all state parks, has had it's ups and downs. Unfortunately, the amazing swimming beach with concession stand and changing rooms with showers is gone. Due to the large population of geese,…

• Sun over the lake
  • Crane
  • Sunset over Rock Creek lake
Month of VisitNovember
Jeff K.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Buck Stop Camp

About 1.5 mile hike to camp, nice moderate hike with wide trails. Listened to deer rutting all night and coyotes howling. Can’t wait to go again!

Brandon R.
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2020

Off the beaten path

Very nice and quite location when I went mid September. Seems like a lot of trails to explore. Will go back again to explore more. Lots of hills.

Morgan C.
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2020

Just beautiful

Gets pretty good cell service and is pretty

Ryanne J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2020

❤️❤️

We stayed there this weekend. The campsite was perfect right by the lake and the campground was right next to us. Bathrooms and shower house were both clean. Our family is thinking about making it a Labor Day tradition.