The best WALK IN camping near
Meyer , IOWA

Most Recent Meyer Camping Reviews
Peaceful, restful stay.

We can't wait to go back. Our camp was so private & we were happy because we had a new puppy that was from a hoarding situation & not real social. We didn't want to bother any neighbors if she was loud. She did very well with our other two. They all enjoyed walking on the trails with us😁 The bathrooms & showers were awesome & the park guy was very nice & informative (I feel bad I didn't get his name.) It will definitely be a place we will go back to!

Awesome campsite

Camped at a backpack site and it was pretty great. 2 mile hike to the site and the site was fantastic. On the water with lots of tree coverage.

Great hidden gem

Out in the middle of bluff country. This nice campground plays to the active bodied person well. From golf to tubing to an indoor swimming pool and restaurant. This place has a lot to offer.

Hidden Gem

This is very convenient if you have Mayo Clinic appointments. The campground was nice with grassy sites along with electric and water hook ups, there was a dump station also. Portable toilets spaced around and a centralized bath house by the office. There are seasonal guests and everyone was friendly. We saw deer by the primitive camp areas and had nightly campfires in our fire ring. We will return the next time we are up in MN.

very nice spot on the Root River trail

I camped here midweek in August.  It's in a lovely park in the small (pop 199) town of Peterson, MN.  The park and campground are right on the trail, so very handy.  I was amazed that sewer hookup is included, along with water and electricity, although my sewer hose was not long enough.  Bathrooms are right there, and were clean, with flush toilet and sink.  The park includes a nice playground, horse shoes, a shelter, and HUGE open spaces for your badminton, croquet, or other games.  It was great fun for me to take a morning and/or evening walk around Peterson, a lovely quintessential midwest town, with a feed mill, some lodging, a small cafe, Legion bar, etc.  Some closures due to covid, like the historical society.  Lots of signage around town about history, etc.  I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 day stay in Peterson, and will be back.

Nice park.

Recent change in ownership. Motivated to provide service. Mature park.

Lame

All RV and ridiculously expensive for tent camping

Private oasis

7/17/20-7/19/20

I found this private campsite on Hipcamp and it had great reviews, so we thought we would give it a try.

It exceeded our expectations

What a gorgeous and secluded weekend getaway. Eric sent very detailed instructions and was very helpful in his communication to make our stay and time at Bluff Hollow fabulius!

There were 2 options for camping - the upper site and lower near the river. We opted to camp and hang out down by the river. The bluff views from camp were beautiful and we spent most of our time kayaking and playing in the water. The lower space was wooded, shady and spacious enough for multiple tents and our 4 hammocks. It also had a nice fire pit. The upper site had a picnic table, fire pit and one of the cleanest outhouses I have seen.

The property was gorgeous and well kept. There were many trails you could take to do some exploring. The wildflowers were beautiful and we saw a deer. I highly recommend this campsite if you are looking for privacy, beauty and a river-side experience. Thank you, Eric!

Quiet, well-kept campground in rural Iowa

We found this campground when we were looking for the mill (which, although it was supposed to be open on the weekends, not only was not open but looked like it had not been open for quite some time, despite information on their website). Located one mile north of the small town of Lime Springs across from the mill on the Iowa River is the park’s 19-site campground, which is in much better shape. There is a path that leads from the mill complex to the campground.

Each site has a very generous size gravel pad that could easily fit the largest RV and the sites are reasonably spaced apart. Each site has a fire ring, water, and electric. The restroom was dated but appeared clean. There is a nice playground, group picnic shelter, and a boat ramp. Although the campground was very well-kept (which is why I gave it three stars), if you don’t have a boat, I’m not sure what there would be to do here. There were only a couple of occupied sites on a Sunday in August so it was very quiet. No host on-site.

Great campground

Camper spots were huge with plenty of space between sites. Fire ring was on a cement slab. Bathrooms were clean. Good cell phone signal. Small lake for fishing and swimming working walking distance