The best GROUP camping near
Oxford , IDAHO

Most Recent Oxford Camping Reviews
Beautiful family friendly

Campsites are shady. The small lake is great for kiaks, paddle boards or row boats. There is a variety of hiking trails. One goes all around the lake. Not for large RVs.

Great Spot

My wife and I stayed at a spot near here for two nights. It was flat and hidden. There was a nice fire pit and the creek nearby was an added bonus. It's a great spot and I would definitely return

great little campground.

quaint, clean, all the necessities within a 5 min walk.

Beautiful free spot

This place is gorgeous! We parked our 34 ft motor home right next to a river waterfall and did some fishing. A fire pit was already established. Excellent spot right outside of town with good cell service. Paddle boarding, kayaking, and fishing are primo. Lots of privacy and zero dollars

Very nice campground.

This campground is very nice, I love that it is free to camp here. There are 2 vault toilets that were both clean. There are several nice hiking trails that leave right from the campground. The creek that runs through the campground was very nice.

Great place to stay

Came for a weekend getaway. The park was very clean and beautiful with the fall colors. The camp hosts were great. The Portneuf River runs right through the campground. You are about a 5-10 minute walk from the main town including the hot pools. Those pools are super relaxing and I would recommend going first thing in the morning before it gets crowded. I was impressed with the campground itself. All the hookups worked perfectly.

Good enough

It is pretty packed in the summer. Lots of people. But rather clean. I would go back. But maybe fall or spring.

Nice Campground on the Stream

Several nice sights.  Great place to camp right on the stream.  Great river access and fishing in the Logan River for Bear River Cutts.

Stunning views BUT.

Absolutely stunning views BUT I cannot adequately describe the smell of sulfur and rot that permeates the island. No idea when I'll get the smell out of the camper. ALSO THE SWARMS OF MOSQUITOES. I am wearing 3 layers of clothes in the scorching heat of the day because they are biting through my clothes. I itch all over and even DEET won't touch it.

Fine

We pulled in here after dark and it was a little hard to find a good spot so try to get here early. Plus the road had some major ruts so it wouldn't be suitable for large vehicles. There was a lot of train traffic that did wake us every time one came through so it's also not ideal for light sleepers. However, if you can deal with all that you can't beat the price. 🙂