Camping in Morgan Place

Recent Tents Reviews Near Morgan Place, Idaho

189 Reviews of 57 Morgan Place, Idaho Campgrounds

Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Dark sky area and really unusual sight

Senior discount,  Dark Skies, Observatory, Tallest Dune in N.A., definitely worth a night or two.

Our son was stationed at Mountain Home AFB and deployed in the Iraqi war, Enduring Freedom.   We did not have the chance to visit as a result.  While in Idaho, we swung by the base and then headed…

Bryan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Popular campground

Beautiful campground with a lot of Oregon Trail history. Spacious circle campground with green grass center. More expensive on weekends.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

HOT

Dunes are impressive and worth a hike. Virtually no shade in Eagles cove area. Wagon wheel is more shades. Super hot at time of visit- 101 F

William P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Hot

Hot, windy, bugs...great kayaking! Bathrooms are clean. If you don't have ac...whew

William P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Beautiful but hot

Electric and water hook-up, there is only well currently for the whole area. Observation area still closed due to upcoming work. A 2nd will be added next year. No shade except what you bring.

Nancy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Beautiful and Historically Significantl

We were about I hour early and the really nice person at the gate welcomed us and directed us to the Day Use area to wait. Wow! We were blown away. It was a large, lush, green, tree shaded area by the Snake River. There is also a new, really nice, Visitors Center with a film and displays about the…

Bill M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Made our night!!

We stopped through on a trip to the Midwest, and needed a place to stay last minute. The camp host was incredibly friendly and allowed us to park in a non-designated spot since we were self-contained with our tent topper. I’m sure this was non-standard but was certainly appreciated.

Mike H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Second time here

This is a great campground right on the Boise River. There is a greenbelt that runs from. The campground all the way to Lucky Peak Reservoir, a distance of 19 miles.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice location, good facilities

I car camped here on a trip back from Oregon to home in Texas. The pad was overkill for my needs but I wanted bathroom facilities.

Nice wooded grounds, very quiet even though it was pretty much at capacity, and the facilities were nice and clean.

J
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Bugs and Heat

When we got there it was the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, and we got the last spot down the road. Needless to say it was alright, there’s lots of small bugs and standing water, little shade and high winds. But I’m sure good fishing, still was beautiful and would go back as it is convenient and…

Site2nd Last Spot
J
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Bugs and Heat

Site2nd Last Spot
ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Very nice for an urban RV park

I needed a place to stay to visit family. It is conveniently located. Spaces all had strips of grass on either side, and nice shade trees. Bathrooms were very nice and very clean. Laundry was cheap to do. Lots of folks with dogs, I like that. But no dog poop on the grounds. I had full hookups for a…

• Nice shady spot
  • Showers and laundry very close
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Dunes Above orhers

Checked in late as the sun was setting. Just in time to get thru dinner as the Sand Dunes turned purple majesty. Free hot showers heated bathrooms and great views of the Dunes. Recommend the SW corner sites 31, unobstructed views

W
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Campground is gone

Admin needs to remove this campground so travelers do not believe that it is there.

Kimberly D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

A family favorite!

We love this campground in the spring and fall, I imagine it would be hot and full of bugs during the summer months. But it has stunning views (we only stay on the upper loop), great places to explore, and it’s easy to get to. The museum is fun to check out, and they often have events going on…

Month of VisitNovember