Camping in Empress Condominium

Empress Condominium, Utah

Recent Drive-In Reviews Near Empress Condominium, Utah

752 Reviews of 144 Empress Condominium, Utah Campgrounds

Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Nice park, not so nice area

The park is nice, and my rating is primarily based on the area. The surrounding area is not so nice. Lots of noises from traffic, trains, airplanes, and the factory across the street. I would recommend staying outside the city, but if you absolutely need to stay in this area it is a good park.

Nice park

Nice park, but the pads can be exceptionally out of level.

Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Good stop that is city adjacent

Looks like less of a parking lot than the adjacent private RV park. Short walk to the beach and swimming area, but no other significant recreational activities. Sites are paved, many with hookups. Served well as an overnight stop on our way north.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

Great Little Campground

The area is well wooded and the sites though small give a good deal of privacy. There are plenty of toilets and water spigots with potable water, but no trash receptacles, so you’ll need to pack out your trash

Olivia L R.
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

My favorite Campground and Host

Let me tell you about one of the best hid secrets,  It's this place! It seems to have started out as a fishing spot at the reservoir and expanded into a campground many years ago. The camp host Stevie was amazing.  I have never seen a campground so well-cared-for. I was also there for a week on my…

Site4,7,19,21,23
Lawrence The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Wonderful state park!

What a neat state park! Lots to do here. Hiking, biking, boating, swimming, and just strolling around the place. The staff was GREAT! Very friendly and courteous. Each area has there own camp host, if you have any issues, which is nice. Ed and his wife were ours for the 2 wks. we were there. Nice…

l
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great SLC stop over

This my 3 stay here at Utah Lake state park. 2x in July and now in September. I’m a single female traveler. With the heat this summer I’ve been boondocking in the mountains and then come down to the valley to restock and plug in for a few days. This state park checks all of the boxes.

Steve C.The Dyrt PRO User

Camping in aspens

This is a great little campground the hosts were super friendly and helpful. The site was level and had a great flat slab, table and fire pit. This campground is very well maintained. The only downside is some traffic noise from Hwy 40. Nice clean restrooms but be aware they don’t have lights.

• Play button icon
Site004 Loop A
S
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Hidden gem right off the freeway.

This place was an oasis for any traveler. The sites are spacious, well placed with lovely views all around. I had a small river behind me. There’s a large pool and plenty of play areas. As large as Echo Island is, it’s surprisingly peaceful.

• my site to the right of photo
  • view in front/side of my site
SiteH8
Eric F.

Love it

Close to home, beauatiful sites.

Eric F.

Descent

Good fishing, open area but not very scenic

Antelope Island

Great place to see some wildlife and you are still relatively close to the city. I saw Bison, coyote, cool spiders and tons of birds and insects.

• lots of Bison.  you can get pretty close and stay in your car
  • view back towards the city
  • pronghorn sheep

Jordanelle

Good fishing (trout, Kokanee salmon, bass). It can get crowded in the summer. Lots of boat traffic

• there are good places for the kids to swim

Utah Lake

Utah Lake State Park gets a lot of users both day users and overnight. It is pretty close to population centers.

I like to go to fish. There are a lot of catfish and white bass. Some walleye. The kids like to swim though the water is a little muddy in some parts

• white bass—when fishing is hot you can catch over 100 in an hour or two
  • kiddos like swimming in Utah Lake.  The water is a little muddy sometimes

Mill Hollow site 5

8800 ft of elevation—escape the heat. Great fishing. Site 5 is my favorite, just a short walk to the reservoir

• There is great fishing in Mill Hollow Reservoir.  Rainbow trout and tiger trout (shown in picture)