Provo, UTAH

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Provo Camping Reviews
Great place for a lot of activities

This campground has 3 loops. 1 for tents, 1 for medium size trailers. 1 for large trailers. Check the website or call the guard station before booking to double check. It's close to 2 reservoirs, tons of dirt bike and side by side trails, and Heber city. There's also a few group sites with pavilions. We've stayed here multiple times in tent, RV, and group sites. Medium shade, but the bathrooms and showers are nice.

Great amenities! Great place for a picnic.

Close to Favis and Weber counties, this is a great place for 1 or 2 night stays. We usually stay here every spring. The campground is a short walk to the "beach." There is a great picnic area between the boat ramp and campground. In the spring the water is right up near it. Later in the summer, the water goes down and there is a real nice beach for kids to play. Not many trees but pretty good campground.

Beware of the Bull Moose!

Stayed here for 1 night.  We were up early, at the crack of dawn.  As we prepared to break down the tent, a HUGE bull moose wandered out of the woods, looked around, then walked by my camping spot & the one right next to mine.  I was sitting in my car, putting my sleeping bag inside, so my photo did not come out very well.

The camp site was amazing!  Slept very soundly.  They sky at night was amazing!

Photos forthcoming!

Little shade at the group site

Many individual sites have great shade front the trees. However, the group site has little. Also, at the time I camped, the water fill station was contaminated, so you had to pack in all you water. There is no nearby dump station. However, their are a lot of great things about this campground. The nearby river is great, and we had a lot of deer we saw nearby.

Pretty place

We camped in the lower area and enjoyed it. Sites are close together though. Not much room to maneuver a trailer over about 25 feet.

Wonderful place!

Would have like to have stayed a few extra days Clean quiet Rv Park nice pull through sites! Facilities were clean and secure nice large dog run for real dogs not little foo foo pups

Beautiful campground

This campground is beautiful. It is small and next to a little river. Has lots of spots for rvs and ttent camping. Camp hosts are great.

Dispersed camping at Fifth Water Hot Springs Trailhead

We camped at this trailhead while attempting to hike to the Fifth Water Hot Springs. Due to fire activity, the original trailhead was closed so we camped at the "back way" trailhead. There were signs indicating that dispersed camping was allowed in areas designated by a fire ring. Found one near the trailhead parking. Not many flat places for a tent and there was cow manure all over the ground, so not many options for places to put our tent. The "fire-pit" was also filled in with rocks, thinking this may have been related to the nearby forest fires. May have better luck at the other trailhead in the future.

Trail Runners Paradise

Millcreek Canyon is home to some wonderful trails that can be accessed by foot or bike. Although the canyon offers many hiking trails, the main use of the trails seems to be for trail running. There is a toll per vehicle to enter the canyon, but this can definitely be worth it because this is one of the only canyons that allows dogs!

Not Much Shade and Exposed but you can Fish!

I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have an RV.  With that being said it is a good spot to come fish for a day trip.  It offers beautiful views of the Oquirrh and Stansbury Mountains to the east and west respectively and the reservoir is stocked with trout almost 1 a month during the spring though fall.  The reservoir is also completely man made so you get the feeling that you're in a bowl within a bowl!

As for the campground itself there are the standard concrete fire rings, picnic tables, and vault toilets.  There are also a few gazebos around with the campsites radiating off of them like spokes of a tire.  Now the reason I said that I wouldn't camp here without an RV is because there are absolutely NO TREES anywhere!  So it can get super windy and uncomfortable in a tent if a storm blows through.