Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest, UTAH
Most Recent Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Camping Reviews
This campsite was closed by the Forest Rangers fall 2018.

This campsite was closed by the Forest Rangers fall 2018.

Great for kids and fishing

Campsites are close but the tall trees offer privacy. The lake is a short walk and has a nice path all the way around it with some good fishing areas and a small “beach” area. Paved roads with picnic tables and fire rings and pit bathrooms.

great place to pitch a tent

We stopped by on our way to Wyoming and trough up a tent. Lots of stars and really quite. The view are nice and it is a great primitive camp spot.

Close to downtown

This campground is surrounded by inner city-like activity. The common areas were filthy and staff didn’t seem concerned. We were there for a Month, so I got a good representative time period. It’s close to the train to downtown which was good. The hot tub was old and very small and shallow…and not very hot.

Great RV Park

This is a new RV park. It has all the amenities, 2 laundry rooms, 2 bathhouses. The staff is wonderful and make you feel welcome. The sites are immaculate and well planned out. We will definitely stay here again @

This is a trailer park

There is no where to camp here. It’s just a mobile home park.

Great place to hang out, picnic, and climb!

We've used storm mountain as a base camp for many day outings as there is no camping. There is however dozens of trails, hundreds of climbs, and a stream and reservoir to fish in! There is also a shaded picnic area and a large field to play games in. On this trip we climbed the classic Steorts Ridge which was first climbed by cowboys in the 40's!

I love the scenery. You can get to donut falls from the camp ground which is awesome. Sites are mostly private. Some more so than others. Drive the loop. It’s breathtaking especially in the fall. My only complaint is there are no dogs allowed and a few sites not enough shade trees over the site. Overall great camp ground.

Beautiful country

We hiked up to the campsite. The place is good for tent camping but the campsite is abandoned so prepare as if you are on a backpacking trip. Plenty of people hike the trailed but you can also ride a horse or mountain bike up here. The only downfall is that we went in late April and the trails were really muddy. The upside was there was no one else around.

Nice Area Not too Far from SLC

My family camped here last summer and we had a good time! It was a little chilly when we were up here, but that is expected at this altitude. This area has a variety of campsites and if you want one of the sites with closer access to showers, then book early! There is also not a ton of shade, so keep that in mind. But all in all we had a great time!

Mountains all around!

We loved antelope island. With one more day we could have accomplished our whole geocaching adventure.

Our start was a little rough, we were using a new tent, a very large 10 man tent to help accommodate our dogs and kids but it rained the first day with crazy winds and while we were in town shopping (it was raining after all) our fly lines pulled out and the tent partially collapsed, getting everything very wet inside. Thankfully, there was a laundromat not far away and we were able to dry everything.

We booked 3 nights at the park. The drive in is long and the bugs were really bad on the drive in but once we got past the marina, the bugs were gone. We didn't notice much for bugs the rest of the time we were there. There was a slew of other wildlife there. We saw bison regularly, we heard and saw coyotes a couple nights. We saw plenty of antelope. Our campsite was pretty good. We saw mountains in almost every direction. We had a couple spots where it was more hills then anything but beyond those were mountains. It was hazy for a lot of the time, with all the rain on the first day and cloudy for a lot of the rest of it but it did warm up a bit and hiking was comfortable. The island is covered in geocaches so we enjoyed that part of the stay for sure. Sight seeing was great too.

We were in camp site 18 in Bridger Bay. The site wasn't overly spacious. It was also very rocky. You could either get your tent stakes in to a very soft spot or you couldn't get them in at all. The restroom was a vault but it lacked a smell, was clean and well stocked. It did flood some when the heavy rains came. We were able to walk to many spots on the island. We took a trail that would have gone to the other side but we only went halfway. We didn't notice much of a smell from the water, just sort of smelled like the ocean. By the marina and the drive in it did smell though. Just not in our camp area or where we were hiking. Bison frequented the area, even came right through camp. All the picnic spots in the sites were concrete slabs. The fire ring was buried in the concrete. That was ok, the provided fire grate was hard to work and our tripod isn't designed for rings under the ground so that was a challenge too. There isn't any shade except the shade shelter. It was far away from the fire ring so make sure you bring chairs to sit around the fire.

There are pay showers available and flush toilets over at ladyfinger, where the beach is, as well as a little restaurant. Those bathrooms were heated and had running water.

Overall, I look forward to returning. Maybe when it's a tad warmer. The nights were super cold.

A good stop to make

We had a good time, the beach is close you can cook and play, drive your food and gear down to the water. Sand is not real fine a little closer to dirt but kids had a good time. The wind can kick up and get a bit choppy and in season there is a lot of boat traffic the camp ground is also the boat ramp access. The showers are awesome lots of trees and good grass in the campground. It’s the typical cram in next to your neighbor type start campground. I would go back if it is ever part of another trip/route.

Beautiful view but that's about it

Beautiful view but the tent sites are small and right next to the road. The bathrooms were not being maintained, the smell spread across the campsite.

Good location

there is a shuttle stop right at the campground. Since it is a national park the staff is watching you all the time and quick to point out issues. Very busy location. Bathroom where clean.

Great overall campground

Great camping for tents or RVs. Large group sites, open and semi-secluded, has a creek running through the campground and some decent hiking nearby. Close to reservoir for more recreation.

cool canyon

Bryce canyon is an all around pretty awesome place. I stayed here with my giant family, and thankful this campground had a site that a could fit all of us. They have one blocked off specifically for large groups, and you can add basically all the people you want to it. I think the price goes up the more people you add though, and they cap it after like 30 people. The campground was nice, and really big. No water or electric hookups at this place. We stayed in tents, but there are RV sites too in a separate area. There are bathrooms and access to fresh water.

My favorite part about this campground is that it's located right next to some pretty awesome hiking trails. You can basically hop right on one from your campsite. My favorite trail in the park was Fairlyland Loop Trail, which wasn't too far from the campground. It had some awesome views, but it was pretty long and hot (8ish miles) so just be aware of that. Definitely worth it in my book though!

Also, even though it gets super hot in the day, it can get pretty cold here at night, even during the summer!

All around awesome place though. Hope I can visit again someday!

Nice Family Park

This is a well cared for campground, with a playground for the kids…. all newer Rv's I think they have a age limit on your Rv so better call ahead to see.. nice and clean

Peaceful

Going up the canyon just a few minutes away from the city makes this campground ideal. The fire pits are scattered between campsites and make each site just a little more secluded than your average campground. With plenty of trails that over look the city and sunsets, this has to be one of my favorite overnight short trips

Very Nice Campground

This is a lovely large Kampground (yes, I used a K), that is close to the airport. We expected the airport noise, but not the trains.

Our space was wide and long to accommodate our pickup truck/25' TT and the hosts were super sweet.

They allowed for late arrival, and when they opened, they were very accommodating for our questions.

Good fishing but not much shade

The state park is on the northeast shore of the lake and features lots of good fishing as well as picnic areas and some exposed hot hiking trails. Water level has been steadily dropping here as with most waterbodies in the state this year but good sized smallmouth bass can be caught. Landed a few little ones that we ended up cooking whole. A great place to spend a really hot day if you have a boat to take out on the water

no longer

this campground has been shut down. I don't know why. there still is access to the Farmington canyon trail and waterfall. you probably could still home in if you wanted to. but there is no bathroom or water.

loved the beach.

has every type of site you could want. no shade, lots of shade. full RV hook ups. tent sites.

Amazing

We came up here during memorial day weekend. it has walk-in sites and reserve sites. If you want to get a walk in the weekend, I suggest coming on Thursday. flush toilets and drinking water. if you come really in the year there is plenty of free firewood from cleaning up the campground.

Great Location ... but loud

I had the wonderful opportunity to stay the night at Salt Lake City KOA! I was trying to find a location that wasn't too far away from central Salt Lake City but wasn't right down town, that's when I came across the Salk Lake City KOA! After a long drive there is nothing better than a relaxing shower. The showers have a combination lock to prevent non campers from being able to use the showers. There is a wonderful dog run made more for littler dogs, but its still a great addition. KOA has a convince store available at the entrance with a very kind staff! There is a wonderful pool and hot tub! If you're late or arrive after hours don't worry about it. For your convince there is an after hours pick up box at the back of the building by the pool. If you made reservations you can pick up your information packet or pay for a space all at the after hours box! If you need help they do have staff on hand 24 hours. I loved the way this camp site is laid out, the tents are in one section and the campers have their own area. It is pretty common to see hammocks around this KOA, they have the best trees for it! The only complaint I had was the noise, but if you bring ear plugs that isn't an issue! This KOA has the cutest cabins of all sizes!

I loved staying here and will for sure stay there again! My camp site is in these photos my friend was just really good at taking down camp before I could take a photo. I forgot to mention there is full hookups for trailers and free WIFI. You can also find lots of good places to eat around this KOA!

Great Group Sites

This is a great campground for large groups. Located just below the Spruces campground, this one is ideal for groups like our church group when we hosted a daddy/daughter campout. This campground is also right at the trailhead for Donut falls, a really easy hike for all ages with a really nice waterfall at the end.

Gorgeous

This campground is gorgeous! for $26 a night, you cannot beat it. There are nice flush toilets, fire rings, picnic tables, large areas for putting up tents, etc. There is an entire loop of the campground dedicated to trailers and RVs. It is deep in Big Cottonwood Canyon in a very forested area with a beautiful little creek running right through the center of the campground. We saw a moose hanging out in the meadow nearby, and there are all sorts of smaller wildlife abounding. The campground hosts were friendly, everything is clean, and there are lots of friendly campers to let the kids run around with. I would go back here any day.

Beautiful Island, Great Wildlife

This place is weird and awesome. There's bison roaming around, badgers, and tons of great birds to watch. There's some really cool stuff scattered along the beach along the Salt Lake. Cool spot, highly recommended.

Beautiful trees

This is one of the most beautiful places we have camped.

Millcreek Canyon

We love Millcreek Canyon for camping, hiking, or even just going up for dinner at their day use spots. Pet friendly. One of our families favorite canyons. We take tubes and float in areas of the river. The kids play in the river. Just a fun time.

Clean and lots of shady camping

This was a great site that was directly across from the water. We didn’t have a view of the Lake from our campsite directly, but it was just a couple of steps and we were swimming in the water.

• lots of bugs and mosquitos so bring your repellant!
  • Mini nature trails to and from campsites/bathrooms. Kind of cute!
  • A creek runs through the campground as well
  • flushable toilets and running water