the dyrt
Contact
Dispersed Camping--Mill Hollow/Utah FR054 is located in Utah
2 Reviews of Dispersed Camping--Mill Hollow/Utah FR054
Great Place To Camp With Right Equipment

Our family really likes dispersed camping near Mill hollow reservoir. It’s very peaceful and scenic! The main road in is fairly easy to navigate but if you venture off the main path you’ll want a vehicle with clearance and possibly 4X4. We cherish the ability to camp like this so we always take out everything we brought in “leave no trace” unfortunately not everyone has the same respect so we typically end up taking out any trash we find from the previous campers. Overall a great place to camp if you’re equipped for dispersed camping!

Peaceful National Forest Dispersed Camping

Over Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I got away for a night and dispersed camp in the Unita National forest near the Mill Creek campground. We were planning to stay at the campground but it was closed, so we took advantage of free dispersed camping right outside. This is LNT(leave no trace) camping so be sure to pack out what you pack in. There are no amenities but you are along a water source so if you have a filter, you have water. All along the road there are open fields that can accommodate trailers and bigger parties then just a single tent. Near the campground (and the site we chose) is an outdoor education center which would be fun to go back and visit later in the summer. We really enjoyed camping here as it was peaceful and private (at least when we visited).  Later in the summer that may not be the case, especially close to the road. The biggest issue may be the road. My Mazda3 was able to make it up, but the road was quite rutted and rough and you had to go through a small runoff stream. If you have a lowered vehicle, you may have a tough time but anything with a higher clearance will do just fine. Overall, I loved exploring a new area that I will definitely return to.