About Weber Memorial Park
County
Weber Memorial Park is located in Utah
6 Reviews of Weber Memorial Park
Plenty of Recreational Opportunities Next to Causey Reservoir

This is a Huge campground and day use area, with 3 group sites, that is right next to Causey Reservoir!  The park/campground is maintained by Weber County and has plenty of amenities along with additional bonuses at the group sites!  There are 58 single sites and 3 very large group sites.  There are picnic tables and fire rings at both of the types of sites but the group sites additionally have electricity as well as horseshoe rings and volleyball nets.  There are also flushing toilets and trash for the whole area.

For recreation nearby you have very easy access to the beautiful and sprawling Causey Reservoir with its steep limestone walls.  There is some high quality climbing nearby but most of the bolted routes are advanced to expert.  If you're just looking to have fun climb/scrambling around you can do some deep water soloing on the south side of the reservoir.  If you're looking to recreate in other ways you can also boat around on the reservoir and fish or fish from the shores or in the south fork of the Ogden River.

Families first camping trip 2019

We rented a large area with campsites next to the river very nice very spread out big lodge to play games in or big party for everyone nice flushing toilets just below Causey Dam

Great overall campground

Great camping for tents or RVs. Large group sites, open and semi-secluded, has a creek running through the campground and some decent hiking nearby. Close to reservoir for more recreation.

Ranger Review: Klymit Luxe Pillow and Quilted V Sheet at Weber Memorial Park

Campground Review:

One of my favorite things about this campsite is that I had zero cellphone reception! I got to spend the day/night truly unplugged there are a variety of sites to choose from here including some with water access. The South Fork Ogden River runs right through the campground and is a great place to float, stick your feet in, or take a shallow dip. Warning: the water is freezing! Each site comes with a sizeable fire pit and picnic table. They all seem to be surrounded with trees and plenty of green! The spots also vary in privacy,and we unfortunately ended up in a spot with neighbors with a bright light on all night. Bright enough to obstruct our star view quite a bit. Otherwise, the view of the stars is breathtaking and you will wake up in a lovely canopy of trees.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt I get to review a lot of great products. On this trip I tried out two of Klymit’s high quality items. I already have a Static V2 sleeping pad that I love so I tested the Luxe Pillow and Quilted V Sheet. First of all, I cannot say enough good about the Luxe pillow! It is the most amazing camping pillow I've ever slept on. I even used it at my friend's house because it was more comfortable than her actual pillows. I am pretty picky with pillows because I have some neck issues and this pillow hits the spot. This pillow will be with me on every trip from now on, and it gets very compact for packing. The inflatable inside combined with the plush pillow case is a winning combination. Add the Quilted sheet to your Klymit sleeping pad and you will feel like you are sleeping in the lap of luxury. The combination of the pillow and sheet with my usual bag and mat made my slumber outside better than some I've spent in hotels. I can't say enough good things about these products!

Nice Salt Lake City getaway

Cute park, just an hour from Salt Lake City. The main attraction is a reservoir but I think there’s hiking nearby too. We went with friends who have been going to this same place for years and they showed us the best places for swimming and diving. Seems popular for family reunions (and being in Utah family reunions are BIG). Campsite is State Park so it’s clean, basic facilities, and the usual not-super-private sites. Some are more wooded and private. No reservations so get there early in summer. The accessible sites looked very nice.

Weber Memorial/Causey Reservoir

This was my first time camping at Weber Memorial. There is a site for group camping and sites for individual camping. The hosts come around dinner time to collect the $18 fee. You can purchase firewood onsite for $5.

The campsite was fairly crowded on a Thursday and I imagine it only got more crowded on the weekend. Sites are fairly close together. During the day the air was full of the laughs and shouts of children and families but it definitely calmed down at night. Great fire pits and picnic tables at each camp site.

Just a short drive to Causey Reservoir to enjoy some kayaking, paddle boarding, relaxing. There are a couple of great places for cliff jumping with varying heights to jump off of.