Annetta South, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Annetta South Camping Reviews
Nice state park

Looks nice will add review at end of stay.

This place is a treasure!

Friendly, helpful staff. Full hookup. Option for extended stay. Bath/shower rooms. Swimming pool. And TREES

Very nice RV park

This is a nice RV park with a meeting room and work very well for Chapter meetings

Tent Camping

Since the primitive tent sites are down due to flooding, we set up our tent on a nice RV spot near the lake (site 9). If you drive around, you’ll find some good spots like this for tent camping. A little expensive at $30 per night, but it was still worth it. Pretty water. Gorgeous sunset. Good fire pit. Running water and electricity was nice.

Only complaint: our neighbors a couple sites down were blasting music until 1am. Not a peaceful experience for sleeping. I wish the park attendants would have stopped them sooner, as the official quiet time is 10pm. Otherwise, excellent spot!

Best Hiking

This place was amazing! The hiking is so much fun. You could spend days here and not hike all of the trails. There is also so much to do. The camp sites are very nice and quiet. We were tent camping during January and the bathrooms had heaters. The park rangers are always planning something new. We will definitely be back!

Great place for the price

It feels like a state park, but run by the city. All sites are back in and allow for tent campers. Some sites are 50 amp, while all are for 30 amp. Larger rigs are more accomdated next to the lake. But call ahead to see which sites have 50 amp, you'll need it I summer time. Beach is great.

Nice couple own it, fun place to tube and great camping

Came out w my hubby and 2 boys, 8 & 10. We forgot our adapter but they had a loaner for 20.00 we got back on Mon. It was our 1st trip w our new 50amp. We tubed on Saturday and on Sunday we hung out on sandy island w new Friends while hubby n boys fished.

Don't get fooled by the name, there are all kinds of people there. I expected toothless Hillbillies haha.Not at all. This 3day weekend was full of families. Staff was great, just wish there were not mosquitoes .

Great location and value for the $$$

This campground is nestled in the middle of a neighborhood on Lake Dallas. There are about 15 RV sites(30/50 amp), 15 primitive sites with showers and restrooms. This campground is well patrolled and maintained. There is a couple mile walking trail at starting at the campground that is paved. The campsites are pretty well spread out and many of them have awesome views of the lake. We would stay here again!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Thousand Trails

Love the location, so close to Dallas! This park is so quite and very dark at night! I loved that about this park, glad I arrived during the daylight it would be very difficult to find an RV spot at night! They have several full hookup sites closed right now due to some upgrades! The rest rooms were very clean! They have a good hiking trail! I had to walk about 1/2 mile to get to the water! It was so worth it! Got there just in time to go fishing while there were Sand Bass schooling! I ended up catching 15 and could have caught more but it was getting dark.

Nice City RV Park

Spent an afternoon and evening here and met a friend whom lives locally. Lots of shade trees, level sites many right on the water. I found the water pressure too strong for my class b as the pressure caused a link under my sink. Convinced me to purchase my own water pressure resistor gauge.