About Hickory Creek - Lewisville Lake
US Army Corps of Engineers
Hickory Creek - Lewisville Lake is located in Texas
2 Reviews of Hickory Creek - Lewisville Lake
Camping in Suburbia

I like this COE campground because conveniently located near where I live, and if I’m lucky I can snag a site with trees and lake access. But the tradeoff for convenience is proximity to civilization. This definitely isn’t wilderness and as another reviewer pointed out, the campground can be noisy. It’s located adjacent to I-35, just west of the Lake Lewisville bridge, so there’s traffic noise depending on how close you’re camped to the road. The electric was recently upgraded after the flooding this year. So there’s 50 amp available now too. I camped at site 39 and it was an asphalt/gravel pad and fairly level. Water pressure was good and there was lots of shade and ample privacy between sites in this section. Sites on the point have few trees and wide open spaces, but the lake view is expansive. Bathrooms and showers were clean and functioning. There’s a bike/walking path that goes around and through the park and a beach. In my opinion a few of the best sites are on a little peninsula (sites 91, 92, 93 looked prime) with a little sandy beach and access into a cove of the lake. I’ll be back.

Very busy

Some campsites have no shade or scrawny trees. A few of those campsites are right near Lake Lewisville so I guess it’s a tradeoff. Plenty of people swimming in the lake. Good for families, lots of activities for kids. That being said, in the summer and weekends this is a campground with a lot of noisy activity, even at night. Showers and toilets were decently clean. Some good hikes around the lake. Some were paved and ADA accessible. Nature preserve nearby is great for birdwatching.