Lewisville Lake, TEXAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lewisville Lake Camping Reviews
Tent Camping

Since the primitive tent sites are down due to flooding, we set up our tent on a nice RV spot near the lake (site 9). If you drive around, you’ll find some good spots like this for tent camping. A little expensive at $30 per night, but it was still worth it. Pretty water. Gorgeous sunset. Good fire pit. Running water and electricity was nice.

Only complaint: our neighbors a couple sites down were blasting music until 1am. Not a peaceful experience for sleeping. I wish the park attendants would have stopped them sooner, as the official quiet time is 10pm. Otherwise, excellent spot!

Words can’t describe “Beautiful”

Absolutely our favorite park. The staff was so helpful. Made for a great first time camping. Sparked a new love of camping and adventure. Awoke a greater love of the outdoors.

Great place for the price

It feels like a state park, but run by the city. All sites are back in and allow for tent campers. Some sites are 50 amp, while all are for 30 amp. Larger rigs are more accomdated next to the lake. But call ahead to see which sites have 50 amp, you'll need it I summer time. Beach is great.

Well maintained, Quiet, Friendly campground

Nothing negative to say about our stay here!

Ken, the owner, is very friendly and helpful and introduced himself on our first day here. Our pull through spot on gravel was level and clean. The grounds are very well kept and decorated with Texas charm. The office is well lit with bistro lights after dark, for late arrivals.

Spotless communal areas include the bathrooms, kitchen, and wash house. A small swimming pool looks to be fun in the warmer months.

The town of Denton is nearby with plenty of grocery options, shopping, and cute restaurants. Don’t miss Thai Square if you love Thai food.

Overall, a very affordable campground with exceptional service and cleanliness. Cute alpacas and friendly watch dogs are an added bonus!

Great location and value for the $$$

This campground is nestled in the middle of a neighborhood on Lake Dallas. There are about 15 RV sites(30/50 amp), 15 primitive sites with showers and restrooms. This campground is well patrolled and maintained. There is a couple mile walking trail at starting at the campground that is paved. The campsites are pretty well spread out and many of them have awesome views of the lake. We would stay here again!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Great little park

Good people, good rates, good park. Gravel sites. Good laundry and showers. North of Denton, convenient to UNT. Eat at Babes in Sanger.

Nice little park near Frisco

A little pricey $42-$50. No laundry and the showers are like old high school showers. Nice grounds and it's right on Lake Lewisville. Staff is friendly. Online won't let you reserve next day. Call for availability.

Nice City RV Park

Spent an afternoon and evening here and met a friend whom lives locally. Lots of shade trees, level sites many right on the water. I found the water pressure too strong for my class b as the pressure caused a link under my sink. Convinced me to purchase my own water pressure resistor gauge.

Nice Park on Lake Lavon

Enjoyed a night here. Nice, clean, open RV park on Lake Lavon. It’s well established but in good shape. Big level RV sites with grills and covered tables. You’ll enjoy this park!

Quiet. Nice.

I stayed in rv campsite 270 on a peninsula and a nice view of the water's edge. The roads in this park are absolutely terrible. The winds were high (over 20 mile and hour wind gusts). And it rained a lot.

I stayed during the week. Not a single other site was taken within 300 yards. Because of the recent rains, most of the trails were off limits. And they have a pretty bad argentinian ant problem this Fall. So, I didn't get to go hiking any. But, I bought some ant killer and sprinkled it around the perimeter of my pad and no ants in the RV!

Overall, it's nice. Well kept. And I was pretty much alone here for my entire 3 day stay.