Lewisville Lake, TEXAS
Most Recent Lewisville Lake Camping Reviews
Large park-awesome sites!

Our first time here and really enjoyed it. The park at lakeside had recently flooded but we were not there to go to the water and our site was not effected at all. The sites are large and all come with a covered picnic table, a fire pit, a bbq grill and hook ups except sewer where we were but we didn’t need it. They have a dump station also. Great price!

Nice stay

Great pull through sites, all WiFi cellphone service, etc. Would have liked covered tables but most folks are there for the casino action. Free shuttle to and from every 15 minutes. Very nice facility.

RV camping

We went last weekend, water is high, some areas for RV flooded out. Great place to go.

It’s okay

It’s okay but it’s too pricey for how small it is. Good representation of Texas wildlife and a good spot for family camping. Lots of traffic and places for rvs and such. Good trail system

Great for practice

Little traffic and a big hilly open place to practice your woodsmen skills. Key spot for primitive camping with no hookups that I saw. Very open space with lots of trail

Stayed here many times

This is a nice State Park. I’ve probably stayed here close to 2 dozen times.  The whole park is finally open again after flooding a few years ago. Friendly staff, several trails, spaced out sites for the most part, great swim beach, beautiful views. The biggest negative for me is the noise. You can hear traffic noise from just about every site I’ve stayed at. It isn’t enough to keep me from coming back though. Great park.

Great stay here!!

It was 111° the long weekend we stayed here but we found a spot with some trees by the lake and had electricity hook ups so it was actually quite nice. Almost had the entire place to ourselves. Lots of birds around. Very peaceful campground.

Closed due to flooding

Park is nice but closed again

Tent camping

Electric hookups for RV generally a small area first come first serve…. 5 dollars per tent….restrooms and park lights…. stores nearby….. no showers

Great Primitive area

If you are looking for a primitive site then this is the spot. If your looking for a camping area set up for tents then you can find it here. I love coming out to LBJ

Good spot for a state park

Lots of good tent sites both on the water or a short hike to it.

family fun

I've been camping here plenty of times as a kid growing up in Cedar Hill, TX. My family and I would camp in the spring, early/late summer, and fall months. Plenty of sites have a campfire grill and picnic table along with electrical outlets. Good camping sites for "glampers" who have to have Internet access and electronic use. Finding/reserving a campsite is super easy at the welcome center where you pay an entrance fee to the park. Plenty of lake to share with other people at this state park. My brother would go fishing at the smaller ponds here. At some campsites, you can here the traffic passing by on FM 1382, but if you can sleep through that noise, you'll be fine. Plenty of hiking/biking trails as well. Great to bring pets. Bathrooms are available as well near many of the campgrounds.

Clean and big

We stayed 4 nights in site 24, PT FHU on a level concrete pad with a picnic table and plot of grass. $40/ni after Good Sam. The park is split into two sections; the side we are in is next to an airfield and the other side is by a small dog run (next time, I'll request this section bc I'm traveling with my dogs). They have a store and the laundry is clean and well priced ($1.25/wash, $0.25/12 min dry). The wifi is strong and the park is quiet. There are some long term, possibly permanent, tenants, but their sites are well kept.

Just keep driving...

We called and had a spot. When we pulled up and saw it.. we left. It seemed really sketchy. We got a spot over at Lighthouse for $45/night.

Good experience

Nice facilities and views are good from some of them. Great place to camp that is not far from where we live so it is super convenient. A lot of shade.

Ranger Review Wenzel/Double Never Flat Fabric Air Pad at Paradise on Lake T

Campground review

Paradise on Lake Texoma is on the Big Mineral Arm of the lake, on the Texas side and only a short 90 minute drive from Dallas. This proximity makes it a great spot for a quick weekend getaway. Texas and Oklahoma’s border share the 89,000 surface area of Lake Texoma which just happens to be the 12th largest Corps of Engineers lake in the U.S. Lake Texoma is home to great fishing for Striper, Catfish, Black Bass and Crappie. Because of heavy rains in the Dallas area the boat ramp was closed. The area has cruise activities if you don’t have your own boat, and for those who prefer, kayaking is also available, or simply swimming. Believe it or not, Lake Texoma has sandy beaches!

The people at Paradise campground were amazing. We got a call the afternoon of our reservation to confirm that we would arrive before closing time and if not, they would give us after hours information. We did arrive in time and our hostess was pleasant and provided us with all the information we needed. We reserved a primitive campsite and were the only tent campers in the campground (it was a Monday night though). The primitive campsite is just a vacant lot on the waterfront across from a bathroom/shower area. Parking in the bathroom lot, you take a very short walk to the primitive site and pitch your tent in any spot you choose. The lot had been mowed and our only issue was mounds of fire ants which are rampant everywhere in Texas.

The bathrooms had not been cleaned and the recent users had left a bit of a mess. The bathrooms did have all the supplies we needed and we always welcome flush toilets and hot and cold running water.

Being a primitive site, there was no picnic table so we drove over to an empty spot to prepare and eat our dinner. A staff member came by to check our credentials and while we weren’t really supposed to be using that area/spot, he let us since the campground had plenty of room/spots. He was so friendly, he gave us lots of information about the lake and the campground. The RV sites and also lakefront and very roomy. The campground also has the cutest glamping tiny cabins and other regular size cabins to rent. There is a nice hammock garden which we took advantage of. Cell service was strong, no issues and the only noise we dealt with was the sound of the lake and the birds and critters.

We want to encourage our family to come to Paradise on Lake Texoma for a fun family weekend, we will definitely return.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, today I am testing Wenzel’s Double Never Flat Fabric Air Pad. My husband and I had individual sleeping air pads, but were looking for something that wasn’t so slippery and would allow us to cuddle, this Air pad fit the bill, it was exactly what we wanted. It was very comfortable and roomy. We were able to use an existing pump for inflation which was great as I wasn’t sure about the specs for the pump. Deflating the air pad was easy and great news it fit back in the carry bag easily!

Www.wenzelco.com

Fishing and boating park

Went here for a week and it was okay. If you have a boat or love to fish it’s the perfect place. My tent was right by the water which was great but during the weekend too many kids were getting near my tent and too close to my personal belongings. I still had a good time but I would definitely go again when it’s not so busy

Ants!

Nice lake but there were fire ants and chiggers all over our campsite!

Cozy city campground

We brought our PUP here for our first trip as it was close to home. You don’t feel like you are less than a mile from a busy shopping center. The camping area has lots of shade, and many spots are very close to the water. Every RV slot has electric, water, a picnic table, a fire ring, and a grill. There is a playground for the kids, and even a Little Free Library. We did not have to pay the additional entry fee for day use, it was included in our price of renting the RV slot. Ice and firewood are available for purchase from the office.

Tent Camping - Isle DuBois

For a more tranquil experience, book a site at the Hawthorne grounds. Showers are available at Deer Ridge and Quail Run campgrounds (less primitive). Hawthorne has water, restrooms, and some tree coverage. “Luxury” camping features can be found at other grounds (ex. Fish cleaning, electric). Camping tends to book up fast so plan your trip in advance. Fishing, swimming, lots of trails (horse, hike, bike).

Meh, but st least we were still camping

I mean, a bad day camping is still better than a good day at work. We stayed in the Walnut camping circle and got site 62. The site was actually pretty nice. It had the most trees over the sites around us, to give us a “in the woods” feel. One thing wasn’t great about the site was the the fire ring is pretty close to the street, and sits in front of the parking bump (this was an rv site). We brought our Bonfire Solo Stove, so we were able to have a fire pit further off the road for a little privacy. Another thing that wasn’t my favorite was a paved walkway came right past the back of our site. People couldn’t really see us, but we could hear them as the walked/talked/yelled down the walkway. The last “con” I have to say it that on the Johnson Branch I didn’t see a store on the map. We didn’t need to buy anything, but other places we’ve been have stores and that’s where we’ve gotten the 411 on good hiking and places to see on the grounds. One of the nice thing was the tree coverage, like I said. We had a lot of trees so we could but up some lights and a slack line for the kids to play on. The tent pad was big enough for a 6 man tent and a four man tent, with room to spare, which was nice. The other nice thing from our site, was that we were about 1/4 mile from a little playground for the kids. The playground wasn’t anything grand, but it broke up the days for the kids some, which as all parents know is a gift.

Fantastic!

Awesome RV Park! Manager and owner are on site every day, and are very responsive to your needs. Rural setting near Azle. Park is clean and well maintained. Safety and security are foremost, as park is completely fenced in with access via a code-controlled gate. Highly Recommend this as a great park for a short or long-term stay!!  About midway between Azle and Boyd. Country setting just a few miles from stores, gas stations, restaurants, etc. Nearby doctors, dentists, and Texas Health Hospital Azle. Several veterinary hospitals in the area. Everything we wanted for a long-term stay!! The friendliness and responsiveness of the manager, owner, and residents is a huge plus, and makes this a park with a real community feel.

Quiet and scenic

I’ve camped here in winter, summer, rain and sun. Very quiet if you camp away from the pier. Most of the people in the RV’s stay relatively quiet. You can here the ducks, geese and cranes on the lake at night. Very peaceful and loved the quiet.

Great place for day trip and camping !

This is an extremely well maintained TX State Park. They have walk in tent sights near the water with great views and chemical toilet within a reasonable distance . Lake Ray Roberts offers clean water fun with less motorized boat and jet ski activity then other lakes in the area. This is a great place for kayaking and trail hiking they also have a designated beach area for day trippers . Park staff is helpful and well versed on their state park.

Good secluded spots

Back off the beaten path on lake benbrook. Tends to dry up in the summer, but when flooded, can garner some big bass. Better kayak area than boat area. Boathouse closed

Family Fun!

Lots of activities, good clean sites and golf cart rental!

FUN for Kids of All Ages

Lots of activities to keep the kids entertained! Kids and adults both enjoy candy bar bingo and dancing the night away to tunes by an energetic DJ! We had a blast! Very nice spaces and golf cart rentals!

Large state park and well maintained

This great park offers ~400 campsites along Lake Joe Pool. Lots of upgrades taking place in the park but worth checking out. Bathroom and shower facilities are available throughout the park. Shopping is within minutes drive from park. This is a favorite park of ours!