The best DRIVE IN camping near
Lebanon , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Lebanon Camping Reviews
Ok for an overnight

This park is very run down. If it weren't for how nice the lady was and the super sweet dogs, I'd give it two stars.

Pros: -Easy to get to if you come in/out from 99, and not terribly difficult if you come the other way (through the state park entrance) -Sites are big and even -Only a few minutes away from town where you can get groceries, find restaurants, and a couple big-rig friendly gas stations. -Full hookups -Not crowded, so it's very quiet. There's a train track nearby, but it didn't wake me at night -Free firewood! -Online reservation system works well -Had to adjust my reservation because of engine trouble, and was able to call and make the change with no difficulty

Cons: -Multiple RVs that look like they've been broke down there for years -Weird random toilet and a bunch of junk in the check-in station -No one AT the check-in station, and with no cell service I just had to sit there for 20 minutes for someone to come around, so I definitely don't suggest staying without a reservation (I had one) -No service for TMobile and almost none for Verizon (was told at&t works, but I can't verify)

Things that could've just been me: -Couldn't get the water to work (I've never used an underground water connection before) -Couldn't get my furnace to work (again, could have been me, but it worked at the site before and the one after 🤷‍♀️) so I had to use a space heater and pay an extra $2.5/day. It was still freezing at night

Things that might bother other people: -There's a few large dogs allowed to roam off leash. Didn't bother me in the slightest, I love dogs and they were so, so sweet and knew all the basic commands. Very well mannered and playful but they'll bark when you drive by. If you have dogs that aren't friendly to other dogs or if you're afraid of even friendly ones, this probably isn't the place for you. -No laundry, public showers, or restrooms. Not an issue for me as I have all that in my rig, but if you don't it could be a problem if you plan to stay long term.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again. It's not the Ritz or anything but it's fine if you're just passing through for a night or two.

Great Camping for all types of campers

I’ve used my hammock in their “hammocks only” sites and I’ve done the hike-in backcountry sites and love this place. As a resident of the Franklin area, it’s super close to get away for the weekend.

Beautiful location

This park is located on a peninsula on a lake close to Nashville. Almost every site has a view of the water on flat concrete big pads. Some sites, on higher land, are mostly long term residents. Most sites are back in but there are a few pull through. Each site has all hook ups and are very well maintained. The sites are close together but not uncomfortable. There is a camp store at the main office. The pool is very nice and there are games, a playground and a pavilion. There was a band there during my stay. Activities planned throughout the month. It is more expensive than most but the quality of the site is worth it.

Beautiful clean state park

We really enjoyed Rock Island State Park. The campgrounds are easily accessible and roomy. We were there only couple days but would love to go back and visit some of the cute shops and ice cream trailer at the entrance later. It is probably lots of fun in the summer with the huge beach. We plan to visit again soon. FYI there are some sites with sewer. I didn’t realize this when I reserved. They have great dump station but prefer to have that taken care of before we pull out.

Beautiful park!

We have camped here twice this year! Nice to be able to get away and not to far from home!

Beautiful park, close campsites

Beautiful park with tons to do. Campsites in area 1 were a little close together. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring, and charcoal grill. Bathrooms and showers available close by. Reserve early because it seems the campground is always full. Like most parks/forests, you cannot bring your own fire wood.

Camp 6P

Clean and we'll maintained, busy but great.

This is a nice, fairly small state park campground

Be wary of the speed bumps throughout the campground, they are closely spaced and rather abrupt, take them very slowly. The sites are all elevated platforms due to the steep slope to the lake, which we had not encountered before, but are very widely space. We were in site 50, which had no visibility to DISH west satellites, and we were not able to pick up and OTA TV with our omni antenna. Most of the fire rings are in a narrow strip of gravel along the road, but you can get chairs around most of them. The campground was less than half full during the week. There are several trails in the park, but we were only here two days and only got to hike the one to the marina, which was nice. AT&T had 2 bars and 1 MB/s w/o a booster, 3 bars and 4 MB/s with it. Overall WiFi was problematic. We were able to get connected and got 3 MB/s once, but unable to get a connection with any data rate the rest of our stay and the park was not that busy.

Pretty stay by lake! Close to downtown Nashville

We've enjoyed our stay here. There are very few RV parks in the Nashville/Franklin area and are more on the outskirts. We were happy to get a site here as it's relaxing by the lake. Wifi worked good most of the time and cell service was 3 of 4 bars AT&T. Very level pad and all roads and sites are concrete. Mosquitos and spiders to stay aware of at night when the lights are on, but I think that's seasonal. Picnic table and fire pit at each site. Sewer caps don't screw on very well, but manageable if weigh your hose down to stay in place. Peaceful stay.

The name says it all

What a great campground. Sitting in a lake, the campground is a peninsula surrounded by water. Great views, super clean and very nice amenities. Saturday night they had a band and a Halloween celebration. Very safe. Full hookups, decent WiFi. It is a bit expensive but well worth it for the proximity to Nashville and the beauty of the site. Maintenance and managers are top notch.