One of my favorite things is when my family travels to go camping. I love seeing what other states have to offer when it comes to camping and the outdoors. I love camping and hiking in the Tennessee area. This campground definitely didn't disappoint. Here are a few things I loved about this campground:
- Big campsite spaces! This is always a perk. We love having space from our neighbors!
- Fire pit and picnic table in campsite. We love making smores, so having a fire pit is always a must! We brought our own fire wood, but we did see a grocery store that you could buy fire wood if you don't have your own
- Great hikes! This is always a must for my family. We always do our research ahead of time to find the best campgrounds that have hiking nearby. The views were great, and I love how green everything was.
- Water nearby! Great for swimming and cooling off
Some things we didn't like were:
- Other campers were a bit loud/playing music. This is something we or the campground can't control.
- Not much shade
- Bathrooms were a bit of a walk from our campsite.
All in all we had a blast staying here. We would definitely come back and stay here. It was also pretty cheap. I believe it was $10 a night. Better than a hotel :)
Tennessee Hills campground is absolutely gorgeous. One of my favorite things about this campground is how many great hikes are nearby. There is one hike right off the campground that has the best views! The campground is great. The campsites comes with a fire ring and picnic table which is really nice. The spaces are a little small, which was a downside. The campground was super busy when we went, but it seems like a lot of campgrounds now a days are busy which is kind of shocking. There is a small grocery store nearby that we stopped at and grabbed stuff to make s’mores as well as water and snacks. There is also a breakfast place down the road, but we found that to be pretty busy in the morning. There is a los a small lake about 10miles away that we went to one morning. The campground also has quite a few trees which is nice because it blocks the sun and is great shade. Definitely bring bug spray because there was quite a few mosquitos out. I probably got 30 bites during our trip. They were pretty bad on our hikes.
The best part about having family that lives in Tennessee is being able to go and visit. We do a big family reunion every other year, and we always have our shindig at a campground. One year we had it here, and this is probably my favorite place out of all the places we have stayed. There is so many great activities- with a lake only minutes away. The family that lives in Tennessee brings their boat, and we are able to spend countless hours on the water. We enjoy tubing, water skiing, and wakeboarding. We also brought a blow up kayak and got some real good use out of that. The weather was perfect this time of year. The campground was great because there were a lot of areas with trees that provided great shade from the heat. We also brought our hammocks and had fun relaxing in these. We did a few great hikes that were only about 5 miles round trip. It was great to get the dogs out in the morning for some hiking. The campground was clean, and well kept. Bathrooms on site, but recommend bringing your own toilet paper. Seemed to run out pretty quickly. It was busy when we went, but I am assuming that was because it was summertime.