The best BOAT IN camping near
Frisbie , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Frisbie Camping Reviews
Crowded

This is a clean, nice looking campground in a location very close to Hershey park and the outlets. It’s a very nice area. If you stay with water and electric only, there is much more space than if you stay in the section where you have full hook-ups. In the full hook-ups, campers are crowded in very close to one another. The area has a lot of trees, which adds to the overall allure.

Nice campground walking distance from Dutch Wonderland!

Nice campground with a creek that runs along the backside of the campground! Even though the amusement park wasn’t open yet, kids still had a good time! The grounds are clean and there’s also a small playground and basketball court!

Good

Great place. No water hook up. No sewer hook up. Just electric at certain sites. Convenient paved walking path all around the lake, swimming lake with beach, nice playground for kids. Lake is Good for fishing and canoe/kayak rides. Bathrooms are absolutely horrendous - Really terrible.

Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Amazing

Great place To camp and hike. Camp site was in great shape people were friendly and the hike was amazing

Great fun

We first had a 2 point site near the river, but when it rains the sites get flooded with runoff from the campground.

We moved to a full hookup on the Delaware section. Open, accommodating for our rig.

Laundry is coin or app operated. Putt putt is still open and fun, so is playground. Arcade was open. There is an indoor pool and spa (spa closed due to Covid).

WiFi is available at a cost.

They had Halloween ever at every weekend of October and we spent Halloween weekend here. The kids loved it!!

It gets very full on the weekends here.

Been camping here for 20 years

I love this park, and have seen it really evolve over the past 20 years. There is something here for everyone whether you like to hike, fish, mountain bike or go white water rafting. The newly built park office and entrance rivals some national parks. Staff is helpful and professional and the campsites are always very well maintained. Hiking trails are clear with plenty of parking at the trailheads. Many of the trails lead to beautiful waterfalls and some even hold stocked trout. The town of Jim Thorpe is near by and has businesses that cater to outdoor adventures. Outlet shopping is also a short drive away for anyone look for something more on the mild side.

Another excellent State Park

I can't say enough good things about PA's DCNR. This cabin was just as excellent as our stay the night before at Hill's Creek State Park. The only thing I wish the DCNR would do is expand the dog friendly cabins. While we managed to get one of the dog friendly ones here, they are limited in number and Hill's Creek had no such cabins.

Beautiful family campground

Our site was right along the river, the view was amazing and the site was huge. There is so much to do. We should have looked into a pass to do more because the extras can get expensive. But everything is right there and you never have to leave so it's worth it in my opinion. The pool was great, the kids loved the water slides. The mini golf when we went in 2019 was in a little rough shape but it was still fun. They may have fixed that by now. They always have a lot going on and no one should get bored there. The playground was really nice. The bathrooms by the river were a little run down but it's camping so they served their purpose. I recommend this place to everyone and look forward to going back soon.