Cardington, OHIO

Camping Ohio Cardington

Most Recent Cardington Camping Reviews
mis guided

My wife and I were very disappointed after spending a lot of money for the first year seasonal.

If we could give a negative star rating we would. Asking for a couple of simple items to be taken care of "the wife" said either no or gave excuses. If you talked with the daughter and or the husband you would get another answer. the other two were much more positive. "The Wife" really needs not to be dealing with the public, or even speak to others at the campground as she is rude and demeaning to others. In fact, she runs the place like a prison camp!

The second seasonal contract they put out if someone really looked at it a little closer they would realize that the owners are not free from any type of recourse.

When you are told that any damage to your RV and or Camper is all on you when they have a tree that is rotting away and can fall on your RV and or Camper. They have zero liability. Yeah Right!!!

Let's not forget the flooding, since the whole campground is in a flood zone. If you have a seasonal site good luck with your camper not floating away.

We personally witnessed an electrical box catch fire, and then cause damage to a brand new camper.

The Campground has now gone to a card access system and if you are out with friends and come back you may not be allowed back in because you are out past a certain time frame. (Not confirmed by us but a conversation from another seasonal person)

Once again, "the Wife" will probably be the downfall to this campground. Just cause you are in Granville does not make you pristine.

We have talked with others that have seasonal sites that are looking at leaving to go somewhere else from there own dealings with "the wife".

I would not recommend this place even to someone I do not like.

Kayaking

Lots of access for trails & kayaking.

Picnic & play area

Great day use area. Fishing Picnicking Shelters Playgrounds

Great Family Campground

Lots of sights & very family friendly. They’ve been upgrading the bathrooms. Open throughout the winter. Lots of trails nearby and the lake.

Excellent River Camping

Beautiful campsites on the water and near it. Playgrounds, cabins, camper cabins, tent sites & camper sites. Some camper sites have electric & water. First come first serve in the winter. One heated bathroom with a shower is open in the winter. Absolutely beautiful & great trails.

Most beautiful campgrounds in the state

I have been going to Mohican Wilderness since the Early 90's. Not a whole lot has changed since then. There is a new office and parking area that is top notch. The campsites are huge and usually shaded. Mohican Wilderness will be a lot more rustic than other campgrounds but this only adds to the relaxation factor. My only knock on this campground is the county Sheriff maintains too strong of an overnight presence I have seen many campers harassed for no real reason.

Love this park

Great state park to camp in to get away but still be near Columbus and some great things to do in central Ohio. We've camped here a couple of times and the campsite are always clean and the showers are spotless. Yes in the summer it can fill up pretty quick but during the week there are plenty of sites open. As have been mentioned boating opportunities, a free archery range, and plenty of trails to hike. The staff has always been great and helpful to answer questions. We'll be back, this is one of our go to parks.

Nice place

Beautiful sites, especially on the river. Unfortunately for us it's another one of those places that can be quite rowdy during the summer and is known as a party place. Wifey says the bathrooms were average (most important for her).

Great first RV experience.

Great little campground. My wife and I spent a month out there in a fifth wheel to see if we like the lifestyle. Very nice pool(clean). Great walking trail back through the woods. Pet friendly and the bathrooms were very nice. Well….I guess we did! We are now in a search for a Diesel pusher to go full-time!

Small Park

Ok small sites you got that from the title. Small park, very small however we loved it. Our site had a deck right behind the camping pad because the site has a descent slope. The fire pit was down the slope which was cool being out of site from walkers. Hiking trails very well maintained (only saw 3 pieces of trash while hiking, we picked up the garbage) Bathrooms clean and nice showers. We went Friday-Sunday would do again for a short weekend. President Harding’s house and tomb close by also a few wineries.