Delaware Lake, OHIO
Camping Ohio Delaware Lake
Most Recent Delaware Lake Camping Reviews
Relaxing Campground!

Great place to camp! Quiet and private, hiking, fishing, pool and gameroom. Very close to Mohican State Park for canoeing and scenery. Also cleanest restroom/showers that i've seen at a campground.

Amazing

The staff was great super helpful. They actually let me check in 2 hours early, which was awesome having 3 super excited fellas. Thank you!

Good for a summer night

After not being able to camp a majority of the summer due to having 2 brain surgeries - it was nice to at least get one camping trip in before the kids start back school. It was definitely not an easy task to get a camp site here as a walk-in. We checked on reserve America several times with no luck. So finally when Friday (8/9) morning came I rushed up to buck creek to get a spot. The camp store opened a little after the posted time. I politely asked the attendant if they had any walk-up sites available and at first she said no. I then said you don’t have anything at all? She finally said they had a few non-electric sites (which was totally fine!) I happily paid for the site and we sat up. The park was totally FULL by evening. The attendant at the store wasn’t the friendliest. It was slightly upsetting she tried to hide that they had a few non-electrics available. We also witnessed her telling children/teens they couldn’t come into the camp store without an adult. And, there was a stray, very scrawny looking cat that hung around the camp store that some people were giving food. The attendant came out of the store and yelled at the kids for feeding it - instead of explaining why they shouldn’t. The camp store is very basic it has wood, ice, lighters, and things of that nature. The camp sites can feel a bit cramped (especially when they’re full) they’re about 15ft from one cement pad to the next. The restrooms were okay and by Saturday evening desperately needed cleaned. Also in the main woman’s restroom only one out of three stall doors actually locked. The showers were warm though so that is a positive especially when camping. The camp doesn’t do very many planned activities. They have a movie at dark which our kiddos enjoyed. They have a basketball court which is usually full of teens. The playground is nice and within walking distance from all the campsites. However our 6 year old was a bit disappointed that the tetherball didn’t have a ball. Buck Creek has a lot of great trails to hike. It is very common to see wildlife especially deer on a hike here. The kids love it and it’s always fun to look for big foot on hikes for them.

Lots of cool things

I was pretty impressed with the park. Lots of fun for kids with the swimming pond and arcade. As a moto camper, we really lucked out with a flat plot and didn’t have anyone in the spots next to us. My #1 complaint was the bathroom situation. They were VERY far from the camp area (the one in the arcade room was close but it was closed after 11pm) and the bathrooms they did have only typically had one working stall. (If it wasn’t plugged up with you know what). This campground would REALLY benefit from a couple porta johns. The camp store sells ice and firewood ($8 a bundle which is the highest i’ve ever paid at a campground) but it’s nice to have. Cell service is great and right down the road from gas stations and restaurants.

Beautiful views right on the lake

Beautiful lake with lakeside sites. Wooden and peaceful. Bathrooms could be better. They were working on part of the grounds and the improvements are very promising..

Great Visit with Lake View

We went during the week and it was so nice! No one was at the beach except a couple families, great view of the lake, we camped on B105 which was a great site. Would definitely recommend!! They even have boat slips next to all the campsites in the canal.

Nice quiet campground

Nice quiet campground! Nice pool and playground!

Amazing

We have stayed here about a year now and they are amazing and we love this place.

Two thumbs up

Very nice camp and the staff here are awesome! Definitely will be coming back for another visit some day!

Indian lake state campground

So far, so good haven’t been here long

Close to Columbus

Nice campgrounds with a big reservoir for boating and fishing. There is a beach area as well for sunbathers. Fenced dog park in the area that I use often. Located between Sunbury and Delaware so there are plenty of places to restock.

Nice Get A Way in Northern Ohio

There is a nice lodge with a restaurant for people just looking to escape from the "city life" for a bit. Also campgrounds for sleeping outdoors with nature. Can go canoeing on the nearby river with canoe rental available and shuttle pickup at the end of your journey back to where you started. On grounds store to buy what you may need and close to nearby Loudonville for anything else.  Been there several times and have always enjoyed my experience.

Great for every age

We went with a group of 12 couples and 23 kids. There was something for everyone. At the top of our list of favorites!

Words can’t describe

I remember when that built this lake and they have improved it so much. It is very clean and camping there is wonderful. How ever book ahead as it books up fast. The lake has a beach and there is very good fishing there. They have a splendid walking and biking path. It is so peaceful

Independence Weekend

The kids, dogs and parents all had a blast despite the rain Friday and Saturday nights. We will be back again. But will try to get a spot closer to the beach instead of on the other side of Cheshire Rd

Electric this time around...

We booked a last minute 4th of July weekend and found site 48 available. It had a pretty level pad, lots of green space and a tree for shade. We were across from the basketball court but it sat way in the back near the trees that it wasn’t anything that bothered us. We were almost on the end of the road and not a far walk to the camp store and bathrooms (flushable toilets and decent showers). Next to the camp store is the large playground and the amphitheater where they show movies. Just 10 minutes away is a gas station with a big selection of alcohol, cheaper wood and ice. Great site for a last minute decision.

Fun for the family

Very lite camping with mostly Rvs and campers. I found the space to be a little cramped but other than that it is located in a very beautiful area that I wouldn’t think was Ohio. Plenty of fun hikes to go on and places to shop. I rented a canoe with my family which was very affordable and turned out to be very entertaining. Overall it is in a relaxing area with a very easy camping style that people who have not camped before will enjoy.

Space and Privacy...

…the two things that bring me back to this campground year after year. We have never had a “bad” campsite at the Alum Creek State Park Campground. Each camping space is separated by trees and brush. And there is plenty of room! An added bonus is the addition of several full hook up sites! While the beach inside the campground is small, the main beach for Alum Creek State Park is just a short drive away. One of our favorites!

I love it here.

It’s my favorite campground so far. I may be biased, with it being close to home, but they have a lot for the kids to do. Beach, volleyball net, playground. Plenty of water locations. For me the bathrooms are unusable. Often a lot of bees swarming the bathrooms on top of the smell. I like that they have activities throughout the day for kids on the weekends. Also have a nice camp store/marina with canoe and kayak rentals at a reasonable price.

Activities only

Very small clean some play areas seen good for city based activities camp ground not so much

Family Fun!

Fun campsite with lots to do! Provide activities for children such as crafts, scavenger hunt, etc. Also have adult crafts, corn-hole tournaments, and Yuker tournaments. Facilities have a laundromat, small game room, outdoor pool, and pond for swimming and fishing. Pond has large blow up slide. Creek runs along part of campground which is fun to play in! Spots are a little tight, but most have a lot of shade. Close to town/shopping if needed.

Family Friendly

Great campground with lots to do! RV sites are a little small and close together, but comes with a picnic table and fire pit. There are back in and pull through RV spots - along with nice shady spots for rent camping. Cabins are also available. Great spot to camp if interested in tubing/canoeing/kayaking down Mohican river. When you arrive everyone in the vehicle checks in, and then someone on a golf cart takes you to your spot. Campground has an indoor pool and hot tub. Also has pond with paddle boards and paddle boats that need to be reserved at additional cost. Quite a few playgrounds available and mountain bike trails. Small creek runs along the campground. All guests are given a wrist band that gives you a discount at the Trails End restaurant and at Mohican Adventures across the street.

Great Outdoor Fun!

Alum Creek is one of our favorite camping spots! The sites are spaced out or some are even a little more private depending on which site you choose. The restrooms/showers are always pretty clean. They do have activities for kids - none that we have participated in, but also offer a playground, horseshoes, and volleyball net. There are a few short trails and a small beach area at the campground. You are only a few miles away from the large beach. Also close to town/shopping if needed.

Walnut Grove

Swimming, fishing, playing games

Mohican

Love it

Perfect for families

Nice campground close to Cleveland and Columbus. You feel like you’re lost taking the backroads to get there. We went in April so the water stuff wasn’t open. It does have a lake with paddle boats, water slide, newer playground, and pool. The staff was great! Even in April there was tons of planned events for the kids. Our favorites were crafts and the train ride. They had a pizza party at night and gave our family an entire box.

Modern and convenient

This campground is small with small sites. However some sites do have electricity and water. I think all have electric. The park is nice for fishing and hiking and there are spots for the kids to play.

One huge problem I had was the lack of staff midweek. As it turned out they were going to seal the asphalt the next day so I moved on and did not spend as much time as I wanted to. I probably will not return to this campground due to the size of the sites.

What a nice campground

This is a great campground. The sites are large. Most have water and electricity. Nice admenities like a clubhouse with pool tables, clean flush toilets and shower areas, a nice small lake for swimming. It is off the road and well marked on the road but my GPS had the address about 1/4 mile away from the entrance. The hosts are very friendly and extremely helpful.

A close (and inexpensive) getaway.

Mohican is a great place for a quick get away. I love the fact that you can get away from people in such a popular park and still have the piece and relaxation you need to decompress!

My last excursion was a park and pack where you leave your car venture into the woods and find your site. It was across the river so people never came near. Three days swinging in a hammock. Completely relaxing with the river near by.

Average

Campground had a nice well maintained pool with lifeguards. Campground had clean bathrooms and showers, and everything was well maintained. Would have liked more hiking trails. Only hiking trail is rather boring. The camper hosts nag about a lot of minor things that we’ve never experienced out of the several Ohio state parks we’ve camped out. So I would say average place.