the dyrt
Delaware Lake, OHIO
Most Recent Delaware Lake Camping Reviews
Peaceful ( Except for the train) and clean. Pretty.

Convenient to many activities and stores yet in the forest and along Alum Creek. Clean, flush toilets , showers heated. Recreation area and nature center on site. Swimming near by ,nature trails.dog park with doggie beach nearby and more.

Nice place

Very nice campground with a pool,hiking trails,big camp store with lots of accessories.Lots of camp hosts who are very knowledgeable about the area.Good campsites with lots of room.

The dog’s favorite campground!

This was the only park we’ve gone to this uear with both a large dog park AND a fenced in dog beach! Folks were friendly at the dog park with bunches of chairs set around like a conversation pit. Lots of water and dog tennis balls were available.

The dog beach was fenced so your dog can be off leash. There is even a fenced in area out in the water to keep the pooches from swimming across the Lake chasing geese.

The campground itself was quite nice and spacious. Some of the most private camping sites I’ve seen in Ohio. Shower facilities we a bit above average mad seemed to be looked after at least once a day (we were there in the off season).

IMHO, one of the nicest campgrounds in the state.

Great Campgrounds and Amenities

Mohican offers great accommodations and clean facilities. It’s not the most secluded spots but if you are looking for something tucked away there a few sites. The ability to tube down the river and walk back to your camp site was so much fun. Trailheads are located right of the grounds and the surrounding area is full of great things to do. If swimming is your thing the pool is clean and well maintained and situated between two ridgelines so you float and stare around at wooded hillsides. Great after a day of hiking or crushing the mountain biking trails. Grab a walk-in site or one by the river. No problems with hammocks in sites we chose but not all sites have enough mature trees.

BrandyWine Falls

A beautiful waterfall that drops into a pretty deep collection area. Be careful after rains as this area has some rapid moving water and can overflow. Lovely area for a day camping and relaxing.

Large sites

First Campground site I went to had a large mud puddle full of hornets. I asked to move site and was accommodated. It was right after a heavy rain storm and so maybe it was just a fluke

Lots of hiking and nature to see.

Campground was clean.

Camping at its best

This is a great park. Has a large pavilion. Nice camp sites. Has many hiking trails. Amphitheater is good size.

One of my all-time favorites

Where the glaciers stopped and the hills of Ohio begin. I have always loved visiting and camping here. Rich in history, culture, and nature, it is very easy to spend days here and do it all. Camping, Fishing, hiking, canoeing, activities, programs, the list goes on. Some parts of the park do get crowded at certain times of the year but if you know where to go you feel like you are the only one there.

Grandkids getaway

Nice peaceful park. Spacious sites, clean restrooms. Great space for the kids to get it and play.

Peaceful

This has been our go to spot for 30 years! Never a bad trip

Fantastic

What a great campground. From the activities for the kids to the nice spacious sites. We were there for the Halloween weekend and it was amazing. Can't wait to go back.

Primative Tent Camping

We were able to get friends together at Mohican Adventures for and evening together camping. The site itself is great, individual sites varied in size to so it was easy to accomodate all of us relatively close together. It was quiet and only a few others primative camping besides us so it felt nice and private. It was really nice camping in a site so heavily wooded. The staff was a little difficult registering us in and the bathhouse bathroom stalls are way too small, but all in all… we would go back for primative camping again. Mohican Adventures is very close to hiking and other activities in Mohican State Park and with the state park campground all reserved till kingdom come, Mohican Adventures was a blessing for all of us.

Good for RVs, Not Tents

This is a great campground for RVs with nice long pads and lots of shade. But it lacks a good selection of sites for tents.

The restrooms are newly refurbished and cleaned often. The staff are super friendly.

Would be 5 star except for this

Alum Creek is just beautiful, nice sites, most of them are at least partially shaded, lots of woods, hiking trails, the lake, it is what I think of when I think of State Park campground camping in Ohio. There are a couple problems. 1. Only ONE little dump station. This is a big campground, so if you're leaving Sunday, you better get up at the crack of dawn to get to the station, otherwise be prepared to wait in a long long line of RV's. We by-passed the long line and stopped at a different State Park campground on the way home and paid 10.00 to use their dump station. 2. They never answer their phone at the campground office. I mean NEVER. If you have a question you will just have to deal with the reserveamerica people who really know nothing other than what they read on the campground website. So basically you know as much as they do. It's maddening. We will go back, but it's a 2 hour drive so it won't be anytime soon.

First Timers at Buckeye Lake

It was a very nice Kampground, however, if you don't follow their rules, you will get admonished for it. We didn't get a car tag when we registered, and we were followed all the way in to our trailer demanding that it be displayed. You can't display something that isn't there.

A couple came up to us as we were setting up at midnight drunker than a skunk, but we entertained them for a little bit and then sent them on their way.

It was quiet and nice all around, except for ranger rick.

Campground with Water Park

I stayed at this campground because they hosted a wedding I attended. I chose to stay in a cabin, which was pretty pricy for what it was. for $175, it was a basic cabin with a queen bed and 2 twin bunk-beds, a very small bathroom with a toilet and shower, and a small kitchenette with a microwave, sink, and mini-fridge. The cabin was somewhat dirty - dust on the floor and spider webs in the corner. It had no bed linens, or towels, and the bathroom didn't even have a mirror.

There is a "lake" (more of a large pond) on the property, with fishing, and large inflatables to play on in the summer. There is also a disc golf course. The nearby town Lithopolis is cute, with some local coffee and dining, as well as antique shops.

Nice quiet place

Large, private sites, good electric service, reasonable distance to Columbus. I was confused about no on-site office, self check in. Lake is beautiful. Bathrooms are decent.

Great family campground

It is a very large campground, virtually in the middle of farmland. It is the draw itself. For the kids there are: activities, crafts, playground, jumping balloon, small zipline, lakes, heated swimming pool, ice cream. Everything a kid could want to do. For the adults there are also activities, swimming, crafts, etc. We took our grandchildren and really enjoyed our time there. The staff was pleasant and eager to help. The restrooms were well kept (they even had TV's in them) and welcoming. I have to say that we will probably return for another camping trip.

Large secluded sites!

Beautiful park. There is a camper’s beach and a dog park

Great Lake views

Don’t get a site in the back under the walnut trees in the fall. They drop all day & night long.

The site are very secluded

Watch what sites you pick you might have a walking path to the bathrooms running through your site.

This campground is so quiet.

The gates lock at 10pm.

Alum Creek State Park Campground

great state park campground. There are some full hook ups but mostly just electric. They have pancake breakfast on Saturday mornings through summer and doughnuts on Sunday. Helpful camphost. There is a campground beach and boat launch. Lost of hiking paths in the campground and in the park area. A great dog park with lake entrance for the pups. tmThere is also some mountain bike trails. Plenty to do for everyone.

Nice, roomy, with trees

This is a nice campground for Ohio because there are a lot of trees, making many sites secluded with privacy. I haven't camped here, I've just driven around because I boat on the creek, so I can't attest to the condition of the bathrooms.

Beware that sites close to the water may flood, or may be pretty damp in the spring.

The beaches are nice, the reservoir is nice for boating, but the horsepower allowed is too much if you want to kayak on the main water, in my opinion. There are nice inlets and coves where you can take smaller boats. Hopefully big boats observe the no wake zone, but they don't always. I don't think there is any hiking, the main attraction is the water and the beach.

Beautiful river, trails, running water in the toilets, yay!

I love Mohican State Park. There is so much to do- canoeing, kayaking, tubing, creeking, and great trails also.

This campground is nice but is crowded in the warmer months. Look for a site along the water, that's where the tree cover is. I stayed in a camper cabin which was very nice, with microwave and refrigerator.

There is running water in the toilets, which is nice for a state park in Ohio. The showers were decent, nothing to complain about there.

The primitive tent camping sites looked nice and peaceful- take care to get a shaded spot, though, as some were just exposed in a grassy field. There is a long bumpy walk from the parking area to the primitive sites, so bring a wagon or sled or something.

Beautiful lake, no running water, feral cats

This park has a beautiful lake and nice (although short) hiking trails. The problem is that there is no running water- no showers and smelly pit toilets. There is one spigot for drinking water.

Beware that the campsites are mostly in one big grassy field with no shade. I'd pick a site along the perimeter or along the lake.

This park is overrun with feral cats (or it was when I was there). Some people might think that is cute. I consider feral cats to be wild animals that carry disease. What's really bad about them is that they've been fed so they are comfortable around people. We spent the whole weekend trying to fend them off- every time our backs were turned, they jumped up on our picnic table. They ate our food, which we had to throw away. When we sat by the fire, they rubbed up against our legs, which is disgusting, considering they carry Bartonella, which is transmitted through their fleas and ticks (Bartonella is a co-infection of Lyme, or you can get it on its own. I know- I've had it since middle school. Feral cats probably carry Lyme too, as they are mammals). I can't express how stressful it was, trying to keep these wild cats away from us the entire weekend. I don't know why the park can't get them under control.

Sure, cat people will be offended by my statement, but would you want raccoons or skunks up on your table, eating out of your pots and pans? Would you want raccoons rubbing up against you while you are trying to relax? These cats are also wild animals, yet way too tame for comfort. Ugh,I shudder remembering it.

not a campground

awesome place. great fishing

great park, don't believe you can camp here

pretty sure you aren't allowed to camp. great trails however

Family Friendly, affordable campground.

This campground has an awesome pool! It has large campsites, perfect for family camping. The people are friendly and the starry nights are great!