The best BOAT IN camping near
Sunshine , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Sunshine Camping Reviews
Don't let the drive in fool you.

Mountains, lake, prairie dogs, deer…a little piece of heaven. Here in the off season, had the campground to ourselves. No power, no sewer, pit toilets. Loved this place!

Beautiful views of the river!

Pulled in around 4pm on a Saturday and only 1 other camper was here. A few vehicles were parked at the bathroom/trailhead, super friendly. There’s about 3-4 spots with picnic tables then at least 10 other spots with rock ring fire pits but no tables. There is 1 clean vault toilet, but no TP so bring your own. 1-2 bars LTE AT&T service available near bathroom but gets worse the further you go away from it. The views of the river are beautiful as well as the sunrise. It’s a bumpy 3 mile road off the highway, had no issues in my transit van as long as you take it slow.

Easy spot along the river

I car-camped here just before Labor Day weekend and while it wasn’t the most private camping area, I was able to snag a spot along the river and had a nice time.

Lots of space!

Very secluded! Even when full I imagine the spots are far enough apart. If the spots are full keep going down the road! Plenty of dispersed camping! We’ll be back! Beautiful scenery!

The entire area is a paradise

It’s a hidden gem of this part of Colorado. This campground has a loop by the Coñejos River and that is where we stayed. Campsite was big and they are nicely spread out. Didn’t see the host much but they campground is kept well. No cell signal. We really enjoyed our 4 nights there but with the shaded spot we got getting consistent solar charge was a challenge. Either way, we will come back next year.

Beautiful great fishing

We camped at our property a few miles from here but came here to fish and it was amazing great trout fishing and beautiful views.

Pretty but tight.

We stayed in the tent only portion.. with a rooftop tent. Problem being there are no pull in spots for the individual tent sites….just parking along the camp road. Had to pitch our rooftop tent over the parking barrier. Also, sites are right on top of each other. On the plus side the creek is pretty and loud enough to drown out the road not far away.

Love the location.

This is my type of park. Located in a beautiful valley giving away to peaceful nights. At an altitude of 8100 feet I enjoyed pleasant days 76° and cool night 56°. Pet friendly park with WiFi and good Verizon cell service. Restrooms are still closed due to Covid 19. Took a day trip to Great Sand Dunes. Pass Port American card got me 50% off one night.

Pretty nice little campground.

Very small campground but sites are not right on top of each other. Being that you are at 9500 ft voice's do carry so that is one drawback. I will continue to come here as it is so very pretty!!

Sweet camping spot

It’s a great place to camp. The scenery beautiful. Great place to hike, bike and ride atv’s. Bring water cause sometimes their isn’t any. Fishing is great but usually is a little windy only at lake.