Camping in Romero Place

92 Reviews of 24 Romero Place, New Mexico Campgrounds

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2021

Overnight Stay

Campground doesn’t take reservations so arrive early. Parking spots are gravel, level and nicely spaced. The closer the lake you are the farther away from the restrooms and showers. We aren’t used to sleeping next to train tracks so it was a bit of distraction. There is a commuter stop right…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2021

Lava Reach RV Site

Beautiful views of the city of Albuquerque and Balloon fiesta. Next to Petroglyphs so trails available and lots to explore. Close to shopping.

Siteone site available. Very private and quiet !
MigMig J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Great basic camp site

If you’re looking for a place to “recharge/reset” your trailer between boondocks at a great rate, this is it. At the time of my visit (mid September) the weather was great and had little need to ever use the AC.

pThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Kind and helpful

Staying at Isleta Lakes has convenient access to the city of Albuquerque while staying a bit more secluded. The lakes provide a nice walking trail and the staff are helpful. Heads up, the office to check in closes at 8 pm in the peak season and 5 or 6 pm in the off season.

EV P.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Good enough for the night

Easy check-in. Many sites have water, electric & sewer. Sites are very close to each other and there are no tables. The dog run is very small. Road noise from I40. There is a small brewery on site, hence upgraded to 4 stars. It appears that most sites are occupied by full-timers.

R
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Awesomeness

Couldn’t ask for more.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

First come first served,

Lovely clean campground. $10 for non reserved, or $8 for on the shore. Large sites, some reserved sites have electricity.

Sitefirst come first served at North point Campground
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Great place to stay

Casino and hotel property- large RV area. Very clean and neat, have met some wonderful people. Will stay here again when through Albuquerque again

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

This is not a campsite

This is a cul de sac in a residential neighborhood. Not recommended for dispersed camping

Siten/a no sites
Ben R.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Route 66 RV Resort

Very clean and nice RV park. Gated with staff on site 24hrs. Late arrivals not a problem and a very friendly staff. Easy on and off of I-40.

Month of VisitDecember
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Excellent Overnight

We stayed at this KOA on our way to California from Texas as an overnight stop.  We liked it so much that we stayed there on our way back. There is very little shade and as it is high desert no grass either. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They also are able to provide a dinner meal.…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2021

Bluewater in the land of enchantment

The camp sites are well laid out with picnic table. The bath room was primitive and I didn’t check out the showers. The lake and the area is enchanting!! It was my first visit to New Mexico and for sure I will be back! The lake is large and has fishing.

• My welcome to New Mexico!
  • My welcome to New Mexico!
Tony S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

Quiet, relaxing basic campground

Had a relaxing, quiet three night stay from 8/10 - 8/13/21 with our Jayco Octane Lite SL161 toyhauler. The only facilities are clean vault toilets. Some pull through spots for smaller camping units. I would not recommend this campground for large RVs.

15 sites available with about 8 that I…

• My Taylor from La Mosca lookout
  • La Mosca Lookout to the east
  • View from La Mosca Lookout
Sharron D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Blue Water

Great for fishing, camp sites have easy access, a d easy boataunch

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Big Sky Desert View

Clean, paved drives and concrete pull through diagonal sites with full hook ups. Gated control entrance. Good Wi-Fi. Adjacent to a casino but far enough to not feel the energy or be bothered by the lights. We had luxury pull through #1126 just for one night, but a nice enough park to spend more…