The best WALK IN camping near
Harveyville , KANSAS

Most Recent Harveyville Camping Reviews
Great Place for entry level camping.

Cedar Park offers great vehicle access, lake access, fire rings, picnic tables, and bathrooms. Area is clean and there is beach access for fishing and Kayacking.

2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

Quiet camping

Stayed here Father’s Day weekend in 2018.

Parking lot on a lake

This was a quick stop for us the Friday after thanksgiving. 9 min off the highway. there is a Christmas light display over the holiday causing traffic entering the park around 6 pm. The camping spots were just 2 parking spaces, there were tables around and some fire pits. The bathrooms were warm and very clean. My kids enjoyed walking around and seeing the lights. The lake is beautiful. Would stop again for a quick over night and a morning fish or walk.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Nice trees and shade

Quite pleasant. The campground is a bit dated, but more than adequate. The sites are pretty close together. There are quite a few camp sites who look like they live here long-term. For this style of campground, we liked it. Do have some ear plugs handy for the night time if you're a light sleeper. You can hear the highway and several trains come by.

Rude Ranger at Gate and dump station disgusting

The campsite was okay. It was a busy weekend and we were not in a preferred spot, but it was wooded. The ranger at the gate was horrid. He was rude, yelled at each person coming through. He was especially annoyed at me for wearing a mask. He wasn’t and was within 3 feet. Lawrence is a college town with high rates of covid across the campus. He is talking one on one with these kids several times a day! He seriously grabbed my phone out of my hand when I asked him not to. The dump station has pooling sewer water and the water was not working. The park lacks maintenance, and it could be cut backs due to covid. Clinton lake it nice, but beware if heading out for camping.

Great View

This was a just an overnight for us as we were traveling but really enjoyed it! Loved seeing the lake out the window in the morning. Had a covered picnic table, hook ups, shade, and fairly spaced out sites. Little town was nearby for gas and groceries.

Very Nice

Nice quiet spot. I will be back for sure.