The best WALK IN camping near
Culver , KANSAS

Most Recent Culver Camping Reviews
Quick and easy

Quick, easy, and inexpensive stay right off the interstate. Water and electric on site and easy pull through parking spots. Clean bathroom and shower. Not very quiet considering the interstate is right next to it.

Right of interstate

Huge place with lots of permanent campers. Felt safe and comfortable. Site facilities were in good shape. Late arrival instructions very thorough.

Quick and easy stay

It was super easy to pull off the highway and stay for the evening. We called late, about 11pm and they were great over the phone and just had a slip we filled out the next morning. I wasn’t sure where to bathrooms were and it was late so it was hard to find where they were. There was road noise and what seemed like construction but it was dark enough and right off the highway for a quick stay.

Quiet Beautiful Park With Lakeside Pull Thru Sites

Wilson State Park is truly a hidden gem. It is surrounded by miles of rolling farmland, so it is like an oasis when you see this beautiful lake as you enter the park. We stayed in Foxtail Loop in Site 61. It couldn't have been more perfect. We pulled-in at sunset and discovered that our site had a completely unobstructed view of the sunset over the lake. We stayed for two nights and couldn't have been happier with it. There are several hiking trails throughout the park to explore. We were surprised by the warm weather when we got there in early October 2020, it was 94 degrees! That said, we would absolutely go back and definitely recommend it.

Good for a Night Pit Stop

A fairly large, clean RV park with full hookups, and amenities to include a laundry facility, bathrooms, playground, and dog runs. They do ask you to only hook up to water when in use so we just disconnected at bedtime. It's located right off the interstate and the traffic is easily heard so I wouldn't recommend if your sensitive to noise. Check out is a bit early, at 11am. Our only main complaint was our neighbors, we were parked near some full timers with little yapping dogs they left outside to go off anytime a leaf blew all night long. With how attended the park is I would have expected quite time to be enforced.

Ranger Review: Camp Zero cooler at Wilson Lake in Kansas

Ranger Review: Camp Zero 10 liter cooler at Wilson Lake in Kansas Campground review-driving up to Wilson Lake you would never know you were in the middle of Kansas. There are rolling hills surrounding the lake. There is not clearly marked signs which made the area kind of confusing for us. There are so many loops with camping and 2 other parks in this same area. The lake itself is very large and lengthy. It’s beautiful-perfect for boating, fishing, or kayaking. There are not a lot of trees so the area can get pretty windy. Lots of sites face the water. Prices vary from 10-24 per night. There are also park permits and service fee you must pay. Sites range from primitive to full hook ups. Most have fire rings and picnic tables. There are plenty of trails for hiking and biking and swim beaches. The bathrooms are clean and there are showers,marinas,dump stations. Check in and out is at 2 pm. Make sure to check out the town of Lucas for all the fun art. Product Review: As a Ranger for the DRYT, I get products to test from time to time and I tested the 10 liter Camp Zero at Wilson Lake. What I love about the Camp Zero cooler is: 1: The light aluminum handle with gripping pad. Makes it easier to carry without losing grip 2: The rubber feet on the bottom makes it so it doesn’t slide around in the car or boat and get scratched or scratch up the car. 3: the molded cup holders on the top of the cooler that turns it into a much need table on the beach 4: The heavy duty rubber latches to keep the cooler latched. They are bear resistant 5: The awesome colors you can get them in I chose the bright green 10 liter cooler. The green is so fun and cheery and I know that I’ll be able to spot it where ever it is. This cooler really keeps the drinks cooler for extended periods of time. It is so heavy duty, and sturdy. The cooler is a little heavy once you put ice and drinks in it so I’ll just make my husband carry it. I’m excited to take this Camp Zero 10 liter cooler with me on all our adventures

Pretty secluded campground

What a pretty campground this is. You follow a long road down to this secluded campground by the water. There are 84 sites some that are electric and some electric and water. The playground is new and the sites are well taken care of. The sites are on gravel and have picnic tables and fire rings. There are two sections and some have water views. The sites are half pull thrus and half back Ins. The bathrooms and showers are clean. This is a nice campground.

No lake views

Sylvan campground is situated at the spillway of Wilson lake. There are no water views here. It has 25 sites that each have electric and water and are pull thru. . Each site has a cement picnic table and fire rings. There is also a playground at the campground. All and all if you don’t mind not having a water view than this camp area is nice

Popular campground

Big Bluestem is a popular campground at Wilson Lake. The outer loop is facing the water with pull thru sites. Best site is 77 right at the tip. The inner loop is mostly back in. The sites are water and electric and have a fire ring and table. They are roomy and have pretty views. The area has rolling hills and beautiful rock formations. You would never believe you are in the middle of Kansas. I was surprised to not find much algae in the lake. Bonus 😊

Switchgrass/Grama campgrounds

Switchgrass and Grama campgrounds are in the same area. Switchgrass is a primitive area with picnic tables and fire rings. You can drive up to these sites and there are some really nice ones next to the water. There is also an area that is shaded. Grama are electric sites with the outer loop being pull thrus and the inner back in. They too have fire rings and tables. There is a restroom and water spigots in the area.