The best BOAT IN camping near
Gilleland , GEORGIA

Most Recent Gilleland Camping Reviews
Absolutely Beautiful!

We stayed for 4 days. The first 3 were sunny during the day and a bit of the chilly side at night. So in other words, perfect camping weather. Day 4, rain but that was ok too. All in all we had a great time!

Upper Hemlock Falls/Clarksville

From the parking lot you cross the creek 200 yards pass Hemlock and go 3.2 miles to the Upper Hemlock Falls and at the top of the waterfall there’s about 3 o 4 camping spots.

Nice but be cautious!

While this great little park should deserve 4.5-5 stars, we had an unfortunate experience while we were there.  My family of 5 were on the lake-side of our little 22ft TT while someone less fortunate than us decided to steal my 9yr old daughter's new bike.  The bike was parked at the rear of the camper and the thief was very 'brazen' to attempt the theft in the daylight and in a populated and gated campground.  After discussing the issue with the campground staff, we were informed that locals often come through the woods and even wade through the edge of the lake to steal from the campground.  Other than that incident, the campground is very nice with very private sites, lake access and a public boat ramp located on the other side of the main road.  We probably will not return to this campground.

Yargo

Paddle boats, kayaks and the beach, grilling out and having fun with friends and our kids

Camping @ Stone Mtn Park

We had a blast the year we camped out at Stone Mtn, We rode the ferry boat, the train, then walked up the mountain to ride the skylift back down it just in time to watch the laser show. After the laser show was over and we ran around the big grassy area waiting for the cars to clear out we headed to our camping area, & made s'mores.

Great Childhood Memories

We visited Vogel in April 2021 and it was just as good as I remembered as a child. My grandparents used to bring me here all the time when I was little. Some of my first camping experiences. It’s just as amazing today as it was then. We stayed in the area for small rigs and tents, #79. It was perfect for our camper. Even though we had terrible rain one day, we still made the best of it. I love the charm of the old parks where everything was smaller and seems more natural. The lake, the waterfalls, Blairsville, there is just so much to do up in the mountains.

Our go to campground

My whole family has camped here on and off over the past 40 years. Allatoona is our go to Lake and this is a small, quiet, clean campground.  The hosts are friendly and sites are kept clean.

Reminds me of a campground outwest.

By far one of the prettiest campground our state has to offer. With tons of hiking trail, a gorgeous lake , paved roads and sparkling clean facilities. We have camped several times , in the camper and tent.

Close to home and always neat and clean

Red Top is a great local campground on Lake Allatoona.  It has plenty of sites although a lot of the water front are tent only. The bath houses are updated and clean. Makes for a great weekend trip.

Quiet and peaceful

Pretty campground. Very private yet close to 75. Right on Lake Alatoona. Lots to do in Cartersville and Acworth. Recommend. Enjoy!!