About Shoal Creek

US Army Corps of Engineers
Shoal Creek is located in Georgia
6 Reviews of Shoal Creek
nice place for families

This camp site is great for anyone dipping their toes into camping or for families. Each campsite is distinct but not isolated. Many are right on the water, which means all day play for everyone. There are hot water showers and toilets, and the sites have areas for camp fires. Nice place to bike or walk as well. We stumbled onto a few random hidden beaches, it was pretty cool and chill.

The blue ridge side is not tent friendly

The Blue Ridge side of the Shoal Creek campground needs a lot of work. Its not worth the the time or money

Great Views

We enjoyed Shoal Creek. There were some things like people playing music late at night that were annoying, but the sites were spacious and the views are nice. The sites Include a fire ring and a picnic table. it is a little hard to get in and out with a 40 ft fifth wheel.

Dude neighbors

we had a very rude neighbor but overall it was great!

Beautiful area, trashed site

When I visited Shoal creek camp ground, I was greatly disappointed. There was trash every where, the bathrooms were disgusting. For the price, it seemed like no maintenance was occurring, I had to bring my own toilet paper to the bathrooms for two or three days, because no one came to check on the trash cans or the bathrooms. The showers were straight out of a horror film, I had opted to not shower for 4 days, instead of taking a shower in those filthy things. My camp site was decent, however i did here my neighbor complaining about the amount of erosion that had occurred in the RV area.

Shoal Creek Campground

Shoal Creek Campground is about a 30-45 min drive from Atlanta. You camp right on Lake Lanier and most of the campsites have a mini beach area. Our particular campsite had a nice big area with beach and firepit down by the water. It is great for kids, dogs and families and friends. You can bring kayaks or canoes and paddle in the water. On our way in we went to fishtales and had lunch and drinks, then headed to the campsite to hang out for the night. Very relaxing, they had bathrooms not too far away. Book in advance especially if you know which site you want.