Standard (Tent/RV)
About Shoal Creek Campground

Shoal Creek campground is about seven miles from Lanier Islands on Shadburn Ferry Road, just off Buford Dam Road. Campers will love the large wooded sites with tables, fire rings and grills. They are all suitable for RVs or tents.

US Army Corps of Engineers
50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 40 ft.
Shoal Creek Campground is located in Georgia
8 Reviews of Shoal Creek Campground
Poorly taken care of, not worth the cost

The campground is on a peninsula on lake lanier and offers nice views from some spots and access from other spots. There is low underbrush (read:less bugs) and a lot of wildlife to be seen (we saw lots of deer). However. The sites are VERY poorly maintained. Our campsite specifically had a crumbling pad to park on, which caused us to barely fit. There was trash both in the woods and on the beaches. We were not informed which side the hookups were on, so our front door opened to the water spigot and up a hill. I would not have booked this spot had I known, but I was given no info about the spot on the website. You can see where trees have fallen and all the do is cut them so they are not in the way of the roads. There are no clear paths, there was a bridge what was highly questionable to walk across. The worst part was that this site was twice the cost as most of the other campsites on lake lanier. With worse amenities. I was really disappointed and its highly unlikely that I will book here again. Which is a shame because the people there were nice and I would have loved to leave a better review for them.

Inexpensive option on Lake Lanier

Visited March 2020. Stayed on Site 12. Probably one of the better tent sites with awesome lake views. Reserved online, which was easy. Site was in good condition despite a pretty good storm the night before. Flat with plenty of space for a 6-person tent. No power or water at this site.

As other previous reviewers had said, there are areas of the park that are run down and could use some TLC. The bath house was generally clean with plenty of soap. It does look as if the plumbing was recently changed out.

A bit confused about the after hours check in as the main gate was closed. We arrived after 5pm and just assumed we go to our campsite. We checked in the next morning without issue. However, couldn’t find anything online with instructions as to after hours arrival.

For the price, it was a great few days on the lake. Plenty of sunshine at site 12. I would not recommend a few of these sites if you have trouble walking around without assistance. There are some inclines without adequate steps or hand holds.

nice place for families

This camp site is great for anyone dipping their toes into camping or for families. Each campsite is distinct but not isolated. Many are right on the water, which means all day play for everyone. There are hot water showers and toilets, and the sites have areas for camp fires. Nice place to bike or walk as well. We stumbled onto a few random hidden beaches, it was pretty cool and chill.

The blue ridge side is not tent friendly

The Blue Ridge side of the Shoal Creek campground needs a lot of work. Its not worth the the time or money

Great Views

We enjoyed Shoal Creek. There were some things like people playing music late at night that were annoying, but the sites were spacious and the views are nice. The sites Include a fire ring and a picnic table. it is a little hard to get in and out with a 40 ft fifth wheel.

Dude neighbors

we had a very rude neighbor but overall it was great!

Beautiful area, trashed site

When I visited Shoal creek camp ground, I was greatly disappointed. There was trash every where, the bathrooms were disgusting. For the price, it seemed like no maintenance was occurring, I had to bring my own toilet paper to the bathrooms for two or three days, because no one came to check on the trash cans or the bathrooms. The showers were straight out of a horror film, I had opted to not shower for 4 days, instead of taking a shower in those filthy things. My camp site was decent, however i did here my neighbor complaining about the amount of erosion that had occurred in the RV area.

Shoal Creek Campground

Shoal Creek Campground is about a 30-45 min drive from Atlanta. You camp right on Lake Lanier and most of the campsites have a mini beach area. Our particular campsite had a nice big area with beach and firepit down by the water. It is great for kids, dogs and families and friends. You can bring kayaks or canoes and paddle in the water. On our way in we went to fishtales and had lunch and drinks, then headed to the campsite to hang out for the night. Very relaxing, they had bathrooms not too far away. Book in advance especially if you know which site you want.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift