About Van Pugh South

This recreation area is part of Lake Sidney Lanier

Sites
Fee Info
Only Cred/Debit Card payments are accepted at the Gatehouse. No Cash or Checks.
Price
$20.00
US Army Corps of Engineers
Van Pugh South is located in Georgia
Directions
Take I-85 north to I-985, take Exit 8, turn left on Highway 347/Friendship Road. Turn right on McEver Road, then left on Gaines Ferry Road and follow signs to the campground.
6 Reviews of Van Pugh South
Mean camp hosts

I'll just say I'm renaming this place nazi camp. Spoiler alert! Foul language to follow

Nice sites, must make reservation at recreation. Gov. 16 for lakeside no elec/no water…. And no love…. It all appears clean, but don't look too close.

Not sure what the hosts/commodants do all day, but drive thru every couple of hours to make sure no one is breaking the rules. If you are breaking the rules, your in trouble, and there gonna tell you about it.

In my whole life I never wanted to tell someone to fuck off more. Completes dicks! I don't know their names, but if their there you'll know exactly who I'm talking about.

No amenities but on the lake

There aren’t any amenities at this campground such as beach area on lake, walking trails, or any kayak rentals. However, our spot was right on the lake and was beautiful and peaceful. We went swimming and watched a sunset. We woke to a sunrise on the other side. Our campsite was positioned weird, but ended up being a big space.

Awesome views & lake access

This campground is awesome! Tent sites & RV sites are equally amazing. Almost all sites are directly waterfront on Lake Lanier with killer views and some even have their own little private beaches. The bathhouses are a little out-of-date but most importantly they were always kept clean. Dog friendly as well! Love this place

Nice but Noisy

Enjoyed tent camping. Nicely maintained facility, but partiers (or a bar?) across the way on the lake played loud music both nights I was there.

Room with a view

This park has some of the best views. You will get clear views of the lake in early spring and late fall. Most of the sites have a view of the lake. Family and I are in love with this place!

Great For Families

Nice little park. Good to take kids on a summer day or hang a hammock and do some reading.