About Savannas Recreational Park
County
Savannas Recreational Park is located in Florida
6 Reviews of Savannas Recreational Park
Great place to Stay

Very clean park, Great facilities camping fees include water, sewer, electric, wifi, fire ring, picnic table, Shower house, laundry house, picnic pavilion, tennis, basketball, and kayak rental. At the office enjoy the lending store large selection of books, dvd’s, music cd’s to borrow. Bring your old ones to donate. Staff is very friendly, at check-in the staff was very informative on the facilities since this was my first time here. I stopped at the office as I was leaving to ask a question to find it was closed for lunch. Which was great met a couple who were waiting at the door to check-in. They had been coming here for years and I can see why. I was given lot 13 when checking in, the lady offered to change if I had a problem with the lot number, I laughed and explain during storage I am in space 13. I mentioned I change storage places and again got lot 13, The distance from my storage to Savannas Rec Park was 13 miles.She laughed and told me to go get a lottery ticket with 13 as the Powerball…..

A secret paradise

I almost didn't want to review this amazing place. I wanted to keep it a secret.

If you like kayaking and uniquely Florida nature, this is it. This is paradise. List marshlands with twists and cuts for paddling. Birds you never knew existed. Great fishing. And of course, alligators. I could live there, easily.

There are both primitive and full hook-up sites, hot showers and even laundry facilities for longer stays. Very close to main roads should you need anything.

Nice small campground

We went on a weekday spring 2018, there was only one other tent camper there at the time. Tent area is a big open grass field, no shade trees. No water or electric on site but is available at nearby pavilion. This is close to home and convenient for us. Rented canoe, went fishing and for a hike. Family enjoyed our 2 nights there. Staff was friendly. Campground is nothing fancy but we had fun. In the marshes, near the beach.

Small hidden Gem

Visit was great. Restrooms and shower facilities need some attention. Majority of lots are on the water so you are up close and personal with the wild life. The squirrels can be pretty bold and expect you to hand feed them which is a no no. Over I enjoyed the quiet place. Plenty of climbing trees which my kids enjoyed.

Water wonderland

Awesome location for birds and wildlife. I've stopped here a few times heading across Florida camping etc. nearby town makes supplying easy.

good

sites: primitive available. community fire rings and personal rings at site. amenities: clean. simple. other attractions: fishing. kayak rentals. near many activities (golf, aquarium, skate park) I would go back again.