About Savannas Recreational Park
County
Savannas Recreational Park is located in Florida
8 Reviews of Savannas Recreational Park
4th time staying

Find this a great convenient place for relaxing few days off. The park is always kept clean. I noticed on this trip several picnic tables have been replaced which happened to be my one complaint in the past. Playground area was being update with all new equipment. I stay at site 2 this time. Even number sites tend to be the best as power sewer and electric would be on left side. Odd number sites you are going to need extra length power cords, hose and sewer connection. With a class A little easier as you just pull in rather then back in. You may then need to move table etc…. Has excellent laundry facilities. The bath house at times could use more cleaning, however this is caused more by the user clogging up toilets or leaving soap, shampoo bottles, razors around and not wiping sink counters down when down. Rates are within line at 25.00 night. No senior rates…. Wifi is free but the signal is week if at all. Hopefully improving this would be next. Canoes are available to rent. The park is locked up at night with a gate code for campers to come and go after hours.

Excellent park very clean

2nd time here, secure area, friendly staff.. My only negative is the condition of the picnic tables. Offer wifi for free along wth free books and movies to borrow.

Great place to Stay

Very clean park, Great facilities camping fees include water, sewer, electric, wifi, fire ring, picnic table, Shower house, laundry house, picnic pavilion, tennis, basketball, and kayak rental. At the office enjoy the lending store large selection of books, dvd’s, music cd’s to borrow. Bring your old ones to donate. Staff is very friendly, at check-in the staff was very informative on the facilities since this was my first time here. I stopped at the office as I was leaving to ask a question to find it was closed for lunch. Which was great met a couple who were waiting at the door to check-in. They had been coming here for years and I can see why. I was given lot 13 when checking in, the lady offered to change if I had a problem with the lot number, I laughed and explain during storage I am in space 13. I mentioned I change storage places and again got lot 13, The distance from my storage to Savannas Rec Park was 13 miles.She laughed and told me to go get a lottery ticket with 13 as the Powerball…..

A secret paradise

I almost didn't want to review this amazing place. I wanted to keep it a secret.

If you like kayaking and uniquely Florida nature, this is it. This is paradise. List marshlands with twists and cuts for paddling. Birds you never knew existed. Great fishing. And of course, alligators. I could live there, easily.

There are both primitive and full hook-up sites, hot showers and even laundry facilities for longer stays. Very close to main roads should you need anything.

Nice small campground

We went on a weekday spring 2018, there was only one other tent camper there at the time. Tent area is a big open grass field, no shade trees. No water or electric on site but is available at nearby pavilion. This is close to home and convenient for us. Rented canoe, went fishing and for a hike. Family enjoyed our 2 nights there. Staff was friendly. Campground is nothing fancy but we had fun. In the marshes, near the beach.

Small hidden Gem

Visit was great. Restrooms and shower facilities need some attention. Majority of lots are on the water so you are up close and personal with the wild life. The squirrels can be pretty bold and expect you to hand feed them which is a no no. Over I enjoyed the quiet place. Plenty of climbing trees which my kids enjoyed.

Water wonderland

Awesome location for birds and wildlife. I've stopped here a few times heading across Florida camping etc. nearby town makes supplying easy.

good

sites: primitive available. community fire rings and personal rings at site. amenities: clean. simple. other attractions: fishing. kayak rentals. near many activities (golf, aquarium, skate park) I would go back again.