Camping in Shady Acres Mobile Park

197 Reviews of 35 Shady Acres Mobile Park, Arizona Campgrounds

Nik W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Spacious

I am new to camping however after my recently experiencing my first time, I’m addicted! I have not been to many spots but I really like this one! We got one of the first spots however didn’t even see anyone else after parking until we walked a bit to explore. Fire pit at our location and another…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Free and Easy, but Hot

Great place for some free camping. Many different spots in the road and gorgeous scenery of Sedona. Bring lots of water and know that there are no bathrooms for a while. Would recommend. Road is rough, but not horrible.

• beautiful sun set
SiteDispersed
Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very upscale

Very clean very upscale. Great amenities definitely do again

Month of VisitApril
Ashley M.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice but meh

Was a quiet and respectful campground until my last night when I was truck camping (up at 4am to beat a snowstorm going back to Colorado) and the host double booked my site to tent campers after I had tried to go to sleep.

Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Ample room and spots just outside Sedona!

Absolutely loved camping here because of how remote it felt, yet close proximity to Sedona. Especially Memorial Day weekend when the motels and hotels were full. Beautiful night sky and generally flat ground at campsites. Only complaints are the dust and rough road but hey, I was driving a Honda…

• Picture of the night sky but this doesnt do it justice!
  • My humble abode for the evening
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Beautiful campground in the pines

We stayed at 2 sites, 36 and 7. Both were nice. There is a little traffic noise. It’s close to town, and there are many things to do in the area. This will be a regular one for me.

Site7 and 36
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Good free camping

Nice place to pull off the highway and sleep while being sort of close to some cool stuff. People were pretty on top of each other in the first part of the campsites, could tell some had been there for awhile. If you keep driving past all the spots you’ll reach a dirt road. If you turn left and…

Spencer R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Spacious

We rolled in after dark. There are plenty of spaces. There are also plenty of people. This is a big area! The stars were out and shining. The only problem was the highway. The sounds of many semis and various vehicles might lull others to sleep but not me. Bring ear plugs and you will be fine!

AThe Dyrt PRO User

Close to Sedona and Cottonwood

The road in (525) is like a washboard most of the way to any camp sites. There were a lot of ATVs. Great access to Honanki Heritage site.

• lichen
  • Balloon landed in our camp site
Spencer R.The Dyrt PRO User

Plentiful Spacious Area

We stayed here after exploring Sedona. It’s a short drive away. There are plenty of spots. The only downside is they are tricky to pull off of main road into. Be careful. All in all good views. The starlight here was magnificent. Turn off your lights and look up at night.

Luke W.

Dispersed Camping Near Sedona/Jerome

Primitive dispersed camping right outside of Sedona. It’s right off 89A just south of Sedona. The GPS will want to take you 5 miles down the road but there’s camping all over the place as you go down so don’t feel like you need to go all the way down. As people mentioned before there is a lot of…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Good day trip

Always a fun time in/around Sedona. Schnebly Hill is full of great views. People drive quite fast on the eastern portion so keep aware of that.

Paul N.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Convenient location

Good location for dispersed camping near Sedona. Only about a 15 minute drive to town and the popular hikes. Was very crowded but not bad if you find a spot away from the groups.