About Manzanita
No Market
Manzanita is located in Arizona
7 Reviews of Manzanita
Good but beware

Good site. Nice area but at night there were thousands of beetles and spiders. It’s was raining June bugs

River camping in Arizona

Another small roadside campground that hugs the side of the hill. Sites were small and on top of each other. The best sites (taken, of course) were set back next to the creek and swimming hole. They were also the biggest sites, but I don’t think they were group sites. Watch out for snakes, there were signs everywhere. Every site had a picnic table and fire pit, but a burn ban was in effect so you could not have a campfire. I thought the price for the sites was a bit steep considering how close they were to the road (literally right next to the road) and the lack of amenities- no hook ups for RV’s and only a fairly dirty pit toilet.

On the water outside Sedona

This is pretty close to Sedona (10 minutes) and right along a river that’s fun to wade in (not sure if you can canoe it?), plus long hiking trails nearby. Cool cliffs and just really neat scenery and the campground only accept tents so you get to sleep next to the creek among shady trees. This was too full the first time we tried to visit so you will want to make reservations! I really like campsites without RV, no offense, and while it is kind of close to the highway you can’t tell at all. Try to get a site at the end that’s close to the creek.

On the water outside Sedona

Can't wait to go back.

Will be back asap, I haven't stoped thinking about this place since I left. If we would have waited until Friday we wouldn't have gotten in without a reservation. We got in I Wednesday so it was no problem. Can't wait to show all my friends.

Came for Bell Rock, but enjoyed Manzanita as well

Stopped at this campground on a trip across country. Apparently, it gets full, but we lucked out, and it was right by the river. We wanted to hike to Bell Rock and was only using this as a stopover, but we really enjoyed the scenery in the campground.

Manzanita!

This is one of my absolute favorite campgrounds out here in AZ. Its one of the only ones located along the river. Plan ahead because sometimes a reservation is needed unless you get there at the right time during checkouts and before check ins!