Camping in Franklin Farms

164 Reviews of 15 Franklin Farms, Virginia Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

• Friends lead the way.
Month of VisitNovember
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

More of a year round campground

Last minute scheduled… they were very friendly. We had never been in the area so didn’t know what to expect.
They were super friendly and showed us to our campsite. They have a store onsite with food, drink and fishing tackle. This campground is about 3/4 year rounders. People who rent a…

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
James T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Love it!

Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at this park. Spacious, paved, and level sites. Several buddy campsites too.

Month of VisitApril
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

MTB trails

One of the best MTB trails I have been.

• FREERIDE
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Lovey little campground on the river

This campground is lovely. It’s on Gordon Creek which flows into the Chickahominy- able to rent kayaks, has a playground, a pool, and nesting ospreys, a bald eagle/s can be seen. Undergoing some renovations but still a nice campground. I’d go back.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Wonderful and peaceful trip!

What a great camp! A small family farm with 5 sites around the property. We chose site 2 for our family of three and a dog and it was the perfect size. The hosts were so friendly, and we were able to walk around and see the chicken coop, small lake, and barnyard with goats and geese. The campsites…

• Stroll through cypress grove!
SiteSite 2
B
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2021

Extenuating circumstances

We arrived on opening day (March 19, 2021) for the season. They had unfortunately been a victim of the rain and the main road to the campground had washed out. Alternative routes were set up to enter and exit. I understand from reading other reviews that they can routinely have problems when it…

Susan P.
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

F
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2021

A Good Overnight Stop

This place is a perfect stop for us on the way down south from Pennsylvania. Their pull-through site are perfectly sized. The campground is well-maintained and clean. This place makes it convenient to pull in, get your rest, and go. I’m sure it would be a great place to stay at to visit King’s…

N P.
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2020

Lovely and lively

Every camper’s dream spot. Seriously, this modern giant state park has it all: mostly private sites, a paved road for biking, plenty of tree cover( even in winter) a lifetime’s worth of trails to explore, and clean, legit bathrooms and showers. Firewood for sale by QR code, almost total darkness at…

Bridget H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

So Much To Do!

This campground is beautiful! We have been here multiple times but have only car camped here one night. This park has trails, a sprayground, playground, camping, cabins, nature center, and picnic areas. I love this park. It really is beautiful. We stayed here one night for a vintage scooter…