Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 70 ft.
Cozy Acres Campground/RV Park is located in Virginia
9 Reviews of Cozy Acres Campground/RV Park
Quiet & Great Customer Service

This is a nice quiet campground to enjoy outside of Richmond. We have a Class A and enjoyed the sites facing the lake. We stayed in site 119. Customer service is wonderful! If you have time, take the 15 minute drive or so to Mabel’s for a delicious cheeseburger and some crazy milkshakes! IG @mabelsrva

Quiet and cozy

This was our first time at Cozy Acres and we really enjoyed it. It's beautifully tucked away surrounded by fields and some farm structures. The playground is impressive and the staff is very welcoming upon arrival. We've fished at the little catch and release pond successfully but didn't try out the catch and keep catfish pond. The RV site was at the back of the farm and was nice with a stone patio and everything is in waking distance. 4 stars because of the rate was a bit much and upon checkout no one asked about our stay or asked us to "come back soon". I know that seems silly but little personal touches go along way.

Cozy, comfy, homey Acres

This is a nice private campground. They have a play area for the kids, swimming pool, several fishing ponds, bike trails and more. Bath house is very clean. The sites are a good size and laid out well. There is a mix of site amenities.
They have a nice camp store and even carry some RV repair items. More than you see at most campgrounds.
Staff is very friendly. I plan to visit here more often.

Great quiet place

Stayed here for a weekend. Excellent bathhouse! Nice size sites with lots of shade. Not much for kids to do once the pool closes, but still a nice place to stay.

Great for families

They do an awesome job for 4th of July! Sites are spaced ok, I like a little larger spots. These are typical size for private campgrounds. They have bike trails, fishing pond and swimming pool.

Fun spot for the kids

They have a lot of activities, such as pool, fishing pond and trails. The site was clean and everything worked great! Only reason for the 4 was spacing was pretty close between sites and felt nickel and dimed with the charge for fishing and pool chairs

A Bit To Pricey For Tent Camping

If you are in an RV this place makes sense completely with a standard rate of $44 for a basic water and electric site or $46 to add sewer. But if you are a tent camper like myself the price point of $44 is a bit to much just to lay my head on the ground with a few amenities. There are far more locations in the area at a much more reasonable rate for tents.

With that being said, this campground is quaint and nice. With a catch and release pond, a nice pool, a rec center and an additional catfish pond there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. Not to mention, this place looks like a story book location early in the morning with the rolling of the fog across the hills.

I did notice a few other negatives however at this camp. There are two bathhouses but they are kind of small considering the volume of people which stay here. I would recommend showering during somewhat off hours to avoid the influx of people. Also the WIFI here was a bit weak if you were not near the office.

All in all this place is nice I will say and should I travel back through this area in an RV it would be worth the price point in going back. As I was in a tent however I feel it was a bit much to give it a higher rating.

Not too bad

I gave this campground a 3 out of 5, mostly because it wasn't very memorable. I had a good time there with my family, but there wasn't anything that really stood out to me.

Also, I really love to hike and get out into nature when I camp. Powhatan, Virginia isn't the best place for that compared to all of the amazing wilderness you can find in other parts of Virginia.

The sites were a little close together for my liking, but they were still very nice.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Excellent campground

Our favorite little getaway. Level sites with brick paver pads, full hookups, RV storage, playground, pool, store, fire rings, 3 fishing ponds, awesome owners. Mid sized campground.