The best DRIVE IN camping near
Old Bethpage , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Old Bethpage Camping Reviews
Nice clean campground, despite its popularity!

I made my reservation on the Recreation.gov app. Showed up at 2am and got in the gate without a hitch; the system worked well. Nice campground, nice sites, lots of folks out as it’s spring break. Despite the crowds, the restroom/bathhouse was clean and in good order. Got up and took a walk around the park in the morning and I was really impressed. I highly recommend this campground, especially if you’re into playing in the water.

Absolutely delightful, clean, quiet campground near Mammoth Cave NP

We stayed at Singing Hills last weekend to celebrate my mother and father in law’s birthday’s and Easter. We stayed in site 17. It was perfect for our 35ft TT and room enough to park our TV in front. Our site was right next to the catch and release pond. We had a little bridge that crossed the creek from our main site to an additional space where our fire ring was. That area provided plenty of shade and quick access to the pond. It’s closely located to I65 south and many of the attractions in Cave City. The owner, Eldon, was such a pleasure to work with. They had a DVD lending Library and other camping needs in the office. There is a bath house and a well maintained dump station in the turn around by the pond. The camp ground was super clean and quiet. Everyone was in by 10. Eldon provided information about local favorites for food, attractions, church services and information about the closest urgent care facilities. My son caught his first fish that weekend and has been begging to go back already. If i could rate it 10 stars, I would. We will definitely be back sooner than later!!!

Close to Visitor Center, Trails and food

Loved  this place.  Less than 10 minute walk to the Visitor Center, restaurant, ice cream shop and camp store.  US Post Office on site will stamp your mail with the Mammoth Cave cancellation stamp.  Many sites are drive through, no electric or water at site, lots of trees so little solar power collection.  Large sites with space between. The caves are not fully open with COVID but the self guided tour was great.  Rangers around to answer questions.  Hiking paths are of every type, easy paved to  high rugged.  Wild life is mostly white tail deer, squirrels, chipmunks and birds.  Easily could spend a week here.

Seven Points is wonderful!

Seven Points campground has wonderful long, waterfront sites to watch amazing sunsets. J. Percy Priest lake is very nice as well!

Highly recommended (sites 102/104, D Loop)

We stayed in sites 102 and 104 with 3 other families, and used a total of five 3-4 person tents. We had plenty of [level] room to spread out. Our sites backed up to hundreds of acres of uninhabited forest, while also being within short walking distance of the camp store and visitor center.

Sites were non-electric, and there were no receptacles to be found anywhere close, even at the conveniently located (and very clean) bathrooms. Bring Your Own Electricity, but please note the generator quiet hours. (Solar generators and power stations for the win.) Fire rings are very heavy cast iron with with very sturdy, adjustable-height cooking grates. They really put out some heat once you get the fire going, and are very easy to cook on.

They don't want you bringing in outside wood for obvious reasons, and they only sell compressed saw dust wood bricks at the camp store. They work well once you get the hang of them, don't smoke much at all, and keep you warm. However, at ~$7.50 for a case of 6 blocks, they can get expensive quickly if, like my family, you're the kind of campers that like a good fire.

Overall, park was clean, quiet, and each site has just enough space for you to ignore the people around you if that's what you're into. We love all of the cheesy tourist traps in Cave City, and love the centralized location between Nashville and Louisville--allows me to easily camp with close friends I have in both cities. Already planning on coming back regularly.

Great location!

Lots to do! Great campsite with Lots of amenities. Will definitely go back.

Great weekend

My son and I took a quick weekend trip here with a friend and his son. The campsites were spacious, bathrooms were clean, the cave was great, and there was some awesome hiking spots as well. We’re going to make this an annual trip.

Great Weekend

This campground was fantastic. Our family has been in search of a campground close to home where we can spend several weekends each year and this may be it. The sites are spacious, the campground is clean, the bathhouses were VERY clean, and the hosts were friendly and helpful. The only thing keeping this from being 5 stars is the park itself which is nice, but small. We did a nice 4 mile hike around the whole park, but when we’re hiking we love to get out away from everyone and everything. It felt like we were in earshot of the campground the entire hike.

We’ll DEFINITELY be returning to this campground.

We absolutely love this place!

2020 was our first year camping and we loved salt lick creek camping. The camp ground was so clean, and nice. We would recommend this place to anyone.

The Smith family are so hospitable

We only got to stay for a little over a week but me and the pups had so much fun while we were there. They have chickens so u can get fresh eggs when u need them. There are some donkeys at the neighbors next door that made my Rosie nervous with their noises but not even they could keep her from going outside to dig. She is a digger for sure and she had a blast along with Brutus. They also have a lumber milling business there so there is no shortage of good firewood, he will deliver and set it up for u. They seem to be either expanding or just improving the 2 sites that are there but we felt right at home even with it being cold.