Equestrian

Hike In
Barren River Lake State Park is located in Kentucky
7 Reviews of Barren River Lake State Park
Nice

Not very many shaded spots

Came back for more

Have visited this campground twice and love it! It is one of the cleanest we've been to. the restrooms are spotless and dont smell at all but they do tend to get stuffy when it's hot out because no ac or fan in them. One thing I love is that they have plenty of drive through spaces which makes it so much easier to park. The spaces are close together though. They have a beautiful beach which is why we came back here but unfortunately it was closed due to all the rain and high waters. If they have wifi here I was not aware of it. Cell service is horrible, which can be ok because it made me unplug for a couple days. We will be back love this campground

Barren river state park

Ranked one of better places!

Great spot

Great place to camp. Clean friendky reasonably quiet. Great shore fishing. Not a lot else to do around.

Almost near Mammoth Cave

My family of 6 (me, my wife, and four boys 9yrs and under) camped here for a week. We had a great time. We were a little further from Mammoth cave than we wanted to be, but the campground was fun. It is pretty spread out, so biking with the family was a little challenging. And their bike loop was really pretty, but SUPER bumpy and hilly. Pretty hard for the younger ones. The lake was awesome. We swam at the beach, and in eary september, we had the place to ourselves. Campsites were a but small / crammed (we have a pop-up camper). But overall, we really enjoyed it.

right on barren river lake, very scenic, clean with nice amenities

right next to barren river state park lodge and marina. convenient to several stores and the towns of glasgow , scottsville, and bowling green, ky with excellent fishing and boating and viewing of wildlife.

Men in skirts!

Kilts to be correct. Excellent times at the Highland Games, an annual event. Nice area, well maintained and nice staff. Pick your site, get comfortable and enjoy the area. Plenty to do.