Camping in Long Creek

355 Reviews of 36 Long Creek, Tennessee Campgrounds

Tamara B.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Stairs

Campsites for tents are down long rustic stairs. Our site had 20 broken rock steps from parking to site and no handrail. Lake view was beautiful however so we had a nice time. We took a kayak down the Caney Fork. Canoe the Caney shuttle service was the best we’ve ever used.

Darrell F.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Clean campground at a waterpark

I actually had a really good stay here, but I will say that the water park was closed and it wasn’t peak season. They do keep the campground up and it is very friendly service. I like that they had cable and a full hook up and the showers and bathrooms were nice

SiteI stayed on site number 12
Month of VisitApril
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Beautiful waterfront camping

Great, spacious sites with concrete or wood picnic tables, fire pits and grills. Fairly level sites. Clean and well maintained. Only downside is limited bathroom and shower facilites ( a long trek, uphill).

Site34&48
Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful and peaceful!

One of our favorite campgrounds! The campground is huge! There are 6 loops to choose from. Be sure to make sure of site lengths and if there is electric (because not all have electric in every loop) our personal favorite is loop E. Sites are varying in condition and some aren’t very level, but…

SiteE17
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

My Favorite Campground

I love mammoth cave campground a whole lot. It’s not just the caves but I love the camp sites here. The rangers are super helpful and even if the tours are sold out the trails are awesome. Especially if you love snapping photos of the landscape.

Melody S.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Spot

Beautiful spot close to the water. Secluded area that can be reached via GPS coordinates ONLY (we learned this after trying to check in at the Dale Hollow campground).

Things to know:

• there was no dumpster for trash

-hike in spot with vault toilet

• 45 minutes from Standing Stone State Park
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Amazing site decks

I've stayed here a few different times. The sites are level but may have a steep incline or decline to reach pad.  The campground is hilly but several sites have good views of the lake. Most have some shade. Clean bathrooms.

Campfiresandcoffee94  .The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Family Vacation

We stayed 5 days at this beautiful campsite, we were pleased to find the facilities clean with hot water, washer and dryer on site.

RV pads are well maintained. There's plenty of trees though some pads have only direct sun.

Found out once we got there that the connection for LTE is pretty…

• campsite
  • lake dog
  • swimming area
P
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Only if you like congestion.

Our site was so small I could barely fit my pop-up and compact pickup on it. Arrived after dark and fell down a 2-3 foot drop-off at the edge of asphalt. Picnic table was in the grass at about a 30 degree tilt. Fire pit was 30 feet away in the bottom of a wash.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Big Rig Friendly Very Nice

Would have got 5 stars but the power would spike several times a day to 129-132 volts setting off alarm in coach. We moved spots and same issue but fewer times a day. Highly recommend Surge Protector at this park. Other than that, super nice, kid friendly, obviously, with lots to do right in the…

Site222-252
Lena L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Full National Park Camping Experience

Very nice sites, clean bathrooms, ranger led talks throughout the day and in the evening at the amphitheater, close to showers, post office, and camp store. I enjoyed staying here!

z

Great

Swell place to camp

Katarina L.The Dyrt PRO User

definitely recommend

this place is gorgeous. the lady that checked us in was great. we would definitely camp here again.

Sitesite 22
Katarina L.The Dyrt PRO User

definitely recommend

Sitesite 22
H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Secluded

My family stayed in the woods loop of the campground and I loved it! The site was perfect! This is a perfect spot to just hideaway for a bit!