Camping in Cartersville

204 Reviews of 22 Cartersville, Tennessee Campgrounds

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

What a gem

We saw a YouTube RVer briefly talk about Poole Knobs in a recent video and the comments were very favorable so we thought we’d give it a try. We have stayed on the other side of Percy Priest lake and loved it so thought we’d try an Army Corps campground this time in Nashville. What a gem! All of…

Dan D.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Nice quick getaway

Henry Horton boasts easy access, clean showers and sites. They offered many interesting programs for all ages. Staff and host friendly. Restaurant closed for updating.

Sitesite 1
Darrell F.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Clean campground at a waterpark

I actually had a really good stay here, but I will say that the water park was closed and it wasn’t peak season. They do keep the campground up and it is very friendly service. I like that they had cable and a full hook up and the showers and bathrooms were nice

SiteI stayed on site number 12
Month of VisitApril
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Beautiful waterfront camping

Great, spacious sites with concrete or wood picnic tables, fire pits and grills. Fairly level sites. Clean and well maintained. Only downside is limited bathroom and shower facilites ( a long trek, uphill).

Site34&48
Timothy The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

This campground is in tellico plains

I went to visit this campground today. So I called the number and this campground is actually in tellico plains Tennessee. There is no campground at this location. So please please do not make the trip out there.

J
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Great location, friendly staff, nice pool and bath house

I managed to get in here for memorial day weekend at the last minute. My site was pretty small and a back in site but that was no problem since I have a small camper. The site was full hookup and probably the easiest sewer connection I've had at any campground, very low and easy to drain and flush…

• Site 50 with my little trailer
  • 360 view of camp ground from site 50
  • Unique, old school Apache hard side popup that I thought was pretty cool
a
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

No Room But Nice People

Very hard to back into site. Very crowded, believe most are long term stays.

m
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Great location

Had a great time. Wish we could have stayed longer

Katarina L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

definitely recommend

this place is gorgeous. the lady that checked us in was great. we would definitely camp here again.

Sitesite 22
Katarina L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

definitely recommend

Sitesite 22

Amazing primitive sites!

We love the primitive sites at Nathan Bedford Forest! Each site is along the River banks, so you get the best views! Fire pits and picnic tables included. The bathhouse is very old though and does not have a shower. That is the only reason I couldn’t give this one 5 stars!

Packed in like sardines

We like state parks because they offer lots to do and sites are usually a little spread out. That is not the case there! These sites are packed in like sardines!! We were lucky to have a site that backed up to the creek, so that made the stay a little more enjoyable. We are at the lodge for dinner…

Better than expected!

We camped in Campground #1 and had a great time at this beautiful state park! The clear creek to play in is gorgeous! The park had so much to offer. Lots of hiking trails, covered bridge, fishing lake w/boat & kayak rentals plus a beautiful waterfall that is great for sunsets! The bathhouse was…

• site 28
  • creek along campground #1
Nancy S.
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Not User Friendly

Many times when i go to check out a campground i find on the app, it's closed down. Having a hard time navigating to reserve a site.

Month of VisitApril
Donna S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Amazing camp grounds!

We camped in the RV area. It was clean and well cared for, close to the water and a very clean shower house. We are definitely going to be coming back!