About David Crockett State Park
Hike In
David Crockett State Park is located in Tennessee
11 Reviews of David Crockett State Park
Vintage Galore

David Crockett State Park is located near Lawrenceburg, Tn off I64 or I43 depending on your direction of travel.

We visited in March for the Vintage Camper weekend and had an excellent time. The campground is sort of a double loop design , down hill, so makes for a good walk. Full hook up, cement pad, level sites and everyone would have shade if the leaves had come in, though that early in the season it wasn’t really needed. The sites are adequate but not overly roomy. You can fit yourself in, and an extra car. A small tent or hammock would fit too. The showerhouse was newer and well maintained, as well as the campground. The host was very helpful and knowledgeable.

The trail we took was a little rough , definitely technical but plenty of cool things to keep my granddaughter interested in the next turn. The lake will accommodate water sports of all sorts, we did not stop by though because the granddaughter would have ended up in the water ;)

Great campground

Nice campsites with a creek and a small waterfall nearby

First time RVers!!

Our first time RVing and this is where we stayed!! We really liked that the pads were concrete and level….took a lot of pressure off of the leveling process campground is clean and very quiet at night. Loved the trail system as well!!

One of our Favorite Parks!

We love camping at Crockett Park!! The campsites have recently been renovated and they are nice!! New Bathrooms too!! Hiking trails are great! All kinds of wildlife to keep an eye out for, especially the deer.

Great place

This is one of our go to campgrounds when we want a long weekend. This park has so much to offer. Hiking, fishing, boating, bike riding & swimming. There is not a morning that I don’t wake up to deer or turkey on the border of our campsite. A very family friendly atmosphere & always clean. When our kids were younger it was their favorite place bc there was not shortage of kids they could connect with. There are 2 campgrounds to choose from. The lower campground is on the creek while the upper campground sits in the woods. Both are great & have recently been upgraded so the sites are level. Sorry I don’t have pics but I’ll be sure to take plenty the next time we go.

Nice little park

David Crockett State Park is near Lawrenceburg, Tn. Not huge but very outdoor enthusiast friendly.

2 campgrounds to choose from, #1 is the older if the two and has several sites that sit next to the water. Unfortunately these sites have limited camping area. It really depends on what you like within easy access. The other sites in #1 are a little larger. #2 sites have more room and shade and a newer showerhouse. When we visited there were only a few other campers and it was very peaceful and relaxing. Full hookup but no sewer on sites. The temperature at night has started dropping to cool enough and no bugs but not teeth chattering cold. My favorite type of camping weather. The fire is an enjoyable location after dark with a lite blanket in your lap and warm beverage nearby.

There are many sites to see but nothing spectacular. I say this because it means the tourists are not tramping through the area with trash and noise in their wake. To me this park had a more , I guess, homey atmosphere, if that makes sense. The staff had decorated the area in pumpkins and spider webs and the fall colors had just started changing the forest greens into a blanket of warm colors. There is a museum with water wheel on its side that has injured and recooperating wildlife housed next to it. There are trails to explore, fishing and other water sports. You could easily spend a week here just meandering through outdoor activities and sitting in a hammock chilling.

Nice hiking/biking trails

We stayed at campground 1. The sites are tiny and a bit unkept and offer little to no shade. The bath house was clean and updated. The nature reserve had some really cool birds and the waterfall area was pretty to see. While I’m glad we visited this park, we probably will not return. Just so many other prettier options in the area.

Creek play a big plus

We stayed in campground 1, we were booked at site 9 but couldn’t get level with our 5er. the sites 5- 12 are not good for larger rigs, (28+) but moved to site 20 which was great, the creek runs long side the sites, great for playing in the water. campground 2 just opened larger pads very nice, we like Campground 1 for the creek.

Love!!!

David Crockett is such a family friendly park. It’s a great place for fly fishing, walk the trails or swim. The kids have plenty of space to ride bikes & make new friends. We have never been disappointed when we camp here. Most mornings I can sit outside & watch the deer grazing as I have my coffee.

Very well kept.

Have full service sites that are all pull through. Most lots have at least partial shade.

Only detriment is the full service sites are close together therefore they do not offer fire rings at each site.