Red Lion , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Red Lion Camping Reviews
Nice location, decent amenities, large sites

Site Details: I forget our site#, but we were in the wooded area farthest from the central “hub”(in the top left corner if you’re looking at a campground map). Our site was level, shaded and quite large. Almost every site in this section was similarly large and wooded, with an impressive amount of space between sites for a KOA. There was a bathhouse and dish sink nearby, as well as the entrance to a nice little nature trail a few sites down.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a large KOA with lots of sites, set on a hilly/”tiered” landscape with winding roads. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of trees and separation between many sites. If you’re looking for trees and privacy, stick to the sites at the bottom of the hill(top of the CG map). The sites closer to the entrance of the park near all the amenities were definitely packed in tightly. We didn’t get a chance to use the pool, rec hall, or any other facility since we camped during the COVID pandemic. However, we were able to order food from the campground’s onsite cafe, which was surprisingly tasty for standard CG fare. The facilities all seemed clean and well-maintained from what we could see.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: There is a lot to do in the area. Obviously, the biggest draw for this CG is Hershey Park, which was closed while we visited. However, we’d been there prior to this trip, and it’s a great, clean, family-friendly place if you’re into amusement parks. The CG is also an easy drive into Amish country, which is highly recommended for the amazing scenery, food and farmers’ markets. The nearby Conewago Recreation Trail is a great multi-use trail for walking, biking, etc.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay, and found this to be a solid(albeit pricey) KOA in an attractive setting. We wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again, but we’d likely only be willing to pay the KOA premium price again if all the amenities were open.

Every January

Every January for the last few years some friends and I have gone and camped along the Appalachian Trail. It's you can park at Pine Grove State Park and then hike your way into locations or park at other trail heads. Water is easily found and views like Sunset Rocks are simply gorgeous. These trips are what gave me the experience, and confidence, to go from tent camping to tarp camping.

Wooded retreat

We stayed in a lovely cabin here while I was in town for work. My husband enjoyed the pool with the kids during the day and when I was there we enjoyed shuffleboard, mini golf and hiking together. The cabin was clean and well maintained and the cabins are at the top of the hill but that made for a beautiful view and we felt like we were away from everyone else. I wasn't as fond of the camper sites they seemed kind of close together but the cabins were amazing.

Dogwood Acres Campground .

Great campground run by a Great family!

Nice campground across the street from Hersheypark

This was our first campground with our camper. They had pull through sites which I was looking for. Sites were a bit close where we were but they had other sites that were more spread out. Nice pool and great camp store! Unfortunately we weren’t able to do much with the pandemic if full effect. But may be a campground we head back to once everything is back up and running.

Quiet Family Fun

What a wonderful place! The resort is spacious, scattered throughout the woods. The RV sites are comfortable with all the amenities. And the customer service is impeccable.

We stayed during a few weekdays in October and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We staying in one of the cabins, which had 2 beds and a bunk bed, sink and toilet, refrigerator, microwave, dining table and sofa. There was also a front porch with picnic table and fire pit.

Honestly, the beds were not very comfortable and way too small for a couple to sleep in one. It was a VERY dark walk to get to the bathhouse for showers. And the fire pit had no grill, so we ended up having to use the stoves of some RV camping friends for meals. Otherwise the stay was great.

I would strongly recommend camping there in the summer months or during weekends in the shoulder season if you have social kids like mine. There were tons of things to do there for adults and kids alike. The activities — such as putt-putt, jump zone and the playground ended up being kinda boring for them without others to share it with. Obviously that would change with crowds. And advance reservations are a must — this place books up fast!

I would highly recommend staying at Merry Meadows, especially if you have an RV and a group of friends to join you!

Great stay

Close to Hershey World, nice campground mid week nice and few campers. Nice staff, trash pickup at site, friendly escort. Check-in process very through, be prepared with drivers license and plate number. Site was spacious, clean and trees between sites so you don't feel crowded in. Would recommend.

Cunningham Falls State Park

Stayed one night in September and had a nice level gravel site with fire pit, picnic table and bath house. Greeted by a friendly and helpful camp host as we backed into our site for our maiden voyage. Clean bath house and amenities. Stayed in site 25 with water spigot nearby. Dumpsters for garbage not a far drive and dump station as you leave the park was convenient.

Great hosts, location.

Riding through catoctin mountain park to get to the campground is almost worth it alone staying. My wife and I just stayed one night with our 2 dogs. We met the hosts as we pulled in to our site, very friendly and accommodating. Some of the sites can be backed up to one another or right aide of each other, but there's a number of sites that are more private than others to make it a great experience. Typically, I prefer dispersed or primitive camping over campgrounds, but this place gets the exception. The roads around catoctin mtn Park and Cunningham falls make for a great way to spend a weekend. Lots of trails around the campground and even a few right on premises. Overall, I hope to make it back before the close up next month, if not I'll be coming back next year.

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.