Campground Closed
Susquehanna is closed for the season. It reopens May 11th.
Standard (Tent/RV)
No 50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 29 ft.
Susquehanna is located in Maryland
13 Reviews of Susquehanna
Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

Somewhat quiet, clean and friendly

Staff is very friendly. Bathhouse is clean but ran out of toilet paper often; they supposedly clean 3 times a day since COVID but we didn’t see that happening on a regular schedule while we were there.

We loved that our site had a path directly to the bathhouse. This meant there wasn’t any foot traffic from people wanting to shower or use the restrooms. Easy access to the utility sink for dishes, too!

There seemed to be a lot of campers in the surrounding lots and still, everyone was quiet between the quiet hours.

Our specific site was supposed to have a tent pad but there wasnt a spot cleared for our tent and we had to move the heavy picnic table so we weren’t putting up our tent on top of the fire ring. We also had to use a paper plate to rake as many rocks and gravel from the site so we could put up our tent without ripping it.

We bought their firewood for $5/crate and it was really wet. It was challenging to get a fire going, which was frustrating. Ended up not being able to have a fire the last morning there and gave away our leftover firewood.

Probably my biggest complaint is that several times, the park maintenance truck drove down the loop where we camped. Our kids are running around and playing and the only vehicle that sped past every time was the park crew vehicle. All other vehicles (belonging to visitors) were respectful and drove slowly. It surprises me that with families camping here, they wouldn’t be more cautious.

All in all: for our first time camping here, it was a decent experience. I don’t know that we’d go there again, but it was a fun one-and-done trip.

Awesome little campground!

Just camped here for the first time. Stayed at site #3, it had a nice huge concrete pad and fire ring. We set-up our new tree tent behind the actual campsite and it worked perfectly. Will definitely go back!

Friendly staff, great facilities, nice park!

I camped here for just 1 night during a work trip, and was pleasantly surprised with how nice it all was. I was a walk-up with no reservation and since it was a weekday the ranger gave me a great rundown of the best spots in the camp and let me drive through to check them out before going back with my decision! I chose site 26 I believe, it was very private from neighbors and the road, surrounded by beautiful mature trees, and just the right distance from the restrooms.

Restrooms were fairly clean, had flush toilets, electricity, and hot running water showers!! Since I had to look presentable for work the next day I had sent planned on doing much hiking (hot and humid June) but with the revelation of showers!!! I went for a lovely 3 mile evening hike on the trail just down the hill behind the campsite. Scared a bunch of deer (ok they scared me!!) and checked out the giant old growth trees, hiked over a bridge and stream which was full of fish I could see! Turned around after I got to the Susquehanna itself. The river was running pretty high and fast, pretty cool to see.

Overall, cool spot! Will stay again!!

Awesome

Went here on a whim. TOTALLY worth it. Close to I-95, scenic, well maintained and quiet. Kids, wife and I had fun hiking to a really old tree in the area (I dont remember the name, but it was really cool). Will definately be going back.

Beautiful andhidden

Bautiful suprise…quiet and enchanted

Excellent state park camping experience

This is a great campground in Susquehanna State Park. The campsites are separated more widely than many other parks in Maryland (Cunningham Falls, Ft. Frederick, Pt. Lookout), and are quite secluded in comparison. The sites are generally well shaded, and the campground abuts a nice forested area which is great for hiking. It's also a short drive from the Susquehanna River, so fishing is a potential as well. It has the usual state park amenities; water faucets, trash dumpsters, picnic tables & fire rings. All you need for decadent car camping. :-) I thoroughly enjoyed visiting, and would go back in a heartbeat! Unfortunately my main camping buddy now lives in VA, so it's a bit much of a drive for him for a weekend.

Peaceful Camping

Went camping here for three days in july of 2017. Stayed in Acorn loop. Bathhouse was clean and never full although we were there during the middle of the summer. The park rangers never bothered us and we had a lot of privacy even though our campsite was connected to another campsite.Not much to do at this park except hike for miles. We visited a near by town one of the days as well!

Enjoyable & Shaded

We camped here for a somewhat rainy Memorial Day weekend. Despite the rain, we enjoyed ourselves and even did a hike. There are some great sites that are a little more isolated and give a feel of being alone in the woods that I would love to claim in the future. The bathroom was okay but ran out of toilet paper, so be sure to bring your own! I never use camp stores since they are over priced, so I didn't notice. The wood was helpful and ice wasn't too bad.

Quaint little park

Great place. Have camped here twice now. Nice playground for the kids and plenty of park events to keep you busy. Took a nice hike out to the susquehanna and spent a few hours fishing in the pond. Lots of wildlife.

Year 2021 Flag