The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Milford Park Camping Reviews
Get back to Nature

I love this place! Plenty to do, plenty to see and plenty of privacy if that’s what you want. Our campsite was lovely and the people who own this place are so down to earth and friendly. They over extended what it means to be a host in my mind. They were knowledgeable about the surrounding towns, their campground, and basically everything nature related. This was our very first night camping in an RV (we were renters at the time). They helped us with leveling and allowed us to use their phone when we had issues with ours. They removed all garbage at a decent time and the garbage cans were located near the campsites so we didn’t have to walk far at all. The campground is beautiful with a lake, playground, miniature golf course and access to a ton of hiking. The wolf preserve, which is next to the campground, is in walking distance though I believe they will drive you if needed. We didn’t do a tour, will save that for next time. We stayed on a partial site with water and electric. The dump station was easy to access on your way out of the campgrounds. Trees were trimmed and our campsite was mostly flat and easy enough to maneuver (as first timers we did it without much of an issue but we needed some 4x4s and the owner delivered them to our site). Great place to stay with or without children. Other campers were all respectful. We stayed during Covid and everyone was following social distancing guidelines. One downside for some may be the WiFi access. Very poor signal however, we didn’t mind, it actually helped us to let loose and not be so attached to all things digital. I will 100% be returning and likely it will be a yearly go-to for us.

Small place

Very small campground. Can be tight getting around with a bigger camper if not experienced. 2 different playgrounds and a pool that could use some updating. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Purple was a big help. Not much to do in that area or on the campground with kids. Bathrooms were just OK.

Good

Great place. No water hook up. No sewer hook up. Just electric at certain sites. Convenient paved walking path all around the lake, swimming lake with beach, nice playground for kids. Lake is Good for fishing and canoe/kayak rides. Bathrooms are absolutely horrendous - Really terrible.

Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Cozy Mountain Vibes!

I stayed in Hickory Run in late November, I love the sheer elements of nature found in this park. It is so calm and beautifuls with trails scattered throughout the entire park. I will definitely come here again to experience the poconos in different conditions. It was very cold when I camped here, but not miserable! There are nice bathhouses, mental hangers for trash and food, and roads are very well maintained. I love Hickory Run!

Always A Good Time

Another great family style campground. Looks of things to do and staff is always there to help.

Great location to everything in the poconos. Mostly long term residents. Sites are dirt/grass and are not level, but they are long which makes up for the front to back level issue. Lots of weekenders and vacationers.

BIG sites near lots of hiking

Had a group of 10 in the fall. Plenty of space for tents, cars, and anything else you'd want to haul in. Close to a lot of nice hikes, near the AT.

Cabins, group sites, hike ins on the AT

We hosted group camping trips here for years. Excellent spot! The lodge has bathrooms and a small store. You can rent kayaks and canoes and swimming is allowed on Catfish Pond -- plenty of fish, snapping turtles, and other wildlife. If you're there in the summer, I'd recommend taking a kayak around the lake and filling it with wild blueberries. Lots of hiking options as well.

Tent sites are either on the ground have wooden platforms. Cabins come in various sizes.

Private sites

Stopped over for a night on a drive, good cell service and lots of foliage between sites keeps them pretty private. Plenty of space, picnic table, fire ring, basic bathroom facilities.