The best BOAT IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Gristmill Run Camping Reviews
Excellent trip but also a sense of deja vu

The cabins are full electric with heat and are well appointed. It was an excellent fall trip location for a family with young children. I said there was a sense of deja vu because the cabin, even it's placement relative to the lake was near identical to the cabin we had at Hills Creek State Park the month before.

Rare primitive camping in the mid-Atlantic

Two of our group paddled in and 4 of us hiked in. No one else in sight the two days we were there! Fishing, boating, or just plain sittin' are all on the menu.

Best of the Best

Smaller campground where families can get to know each other. Staff goes above and beyond to make sure that your stay is memorable. Accept the Delaware River from campground and kayak trips offered. Plenty of things to do.

This was a last minute trip to end the season. Only stayed one night and most of the activities were closed due to it being November. Will definitely try this campground again when it’s a bit warmer. Open sites not many with privacy all though they did have a few premium sites with a paver patio with Adirondack chairs, a nice table with four chairs and built in fire pit! This campground is right on a creek with availability to use canoes.

Great Location, Beautiful Sites, Well Run!

Driftstone is set on a beautiful location on the Delaware River. River Road on which it is located, is picturesque and quiet enough to run, walk or bike on. The sites along the river would be my first choice, but if you have children, being near the playground might be a good selection as well. Just be cautious of the placement of the dump station and proximity to the site. They don't guarantee a specific site, but can guarantee a section.  The sites are all large, and easy to get in and out of. Sites include water, electric and cable. There is an inexpensive pump out service available daily. People are friendly as is the management. We visited in the fall and the views of the leaves changing were incredible. There are some cute towns nearby and lots to explore. There is a boat ramp that can accommodate small boats and kayaks for rent. Things to do nearby include tubing, kayaking, rafting on the Delaware, hiking, breweries and Hardball Cider.

Absolutely Beautiful!!

I did my first solo tent camping by the reservoir and it was perfect. There was so much to see and hiking trails in the campground and nearby. Bathrooms were clean and other campers were quiet making for a peaceful trip. Check in was pleasant but unfortunately, some things were closed due to covid restrictions. I will be back as often as I can and hopefully be able to rent a kayak.

Another excellent State Park

I can't say enough good things about PA's DCNR. This cabin was just as excellent as our stay the night before at Hill's Creek State Park. The only thing I wish the DCNR would do is expand the dog friendly cabins. While we managed to get one of the dog friendly ones here, they are limited in number and Hill's Creek had no such cabins.

Great place

Staff was great. Plenty of things to do for the kids. We love the lake side campsites.