The best WALK IN camping near
Shady Grove , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Shady Grove Camping Reviews
Camping with history

This wasn’t the first visit to Devil’s Den but it was the first time camping there. The campsites in the basic loop are well positioned and spacious. The shower house is probably the nicest and cleanest one we’ve come across this year. If you are looking to disconnect from the modern world, then this is the place. No WiFi or cell service in the campsite but there is free WiFi up the road at the visitor center. The visitor center is staffed by very knowledgeable and friendly staff. They sell everything from snacks, patches, t shirts to firewood. The many trails are clearly marked and range in distance from a quarter mile to fifteen miles. The trails are easy to moderate, with some amazing sites along the way. The park was built in the 1930s by the CCC and many of the structures are still in use today. You can also see evidence of the lifestyle these young men had while building the park. This is one campground we will definitely be returning to in the future.

Perfect Getaway

We bought our first camper this year and have loved staying at Devil's Den. We made 4 trips there and enjoyed each one. The RV sites have full hookups and most are well shaded. There's easy access to Lee Creek and trails that lead from the campground around to the dam, pool and gift shop.

They also have a horse camp, tent camping, cabins and camper cabins. Whether you're looking to relax or explore one of the many hiking trails, there's something for everyone!

The falls are beautiful, camp is just okay

We stayed in a Monday night in early November and there were only two other groups in the tent loop. The TV loop seemed a little busier. The shower house is right next to the RV loop and a bit of a walk from the tents. We had a picnic table and fire ring. The campground is not far from a busy road so we had some noise. Conveniently located near a large town in Arkansas for supplies and good cell signal. We did the short hike to the falls and they were gorgeous. $16 for the night.

Beautiful park and campgrounds

Even in November this is a great place to camp. In the Choctaw loop easy back in or pull thru sites. Very short walk to the lakeshore. Golf course in the park. Pet friendly. Close to tulsa too. There are shops just outside the park if you need propane or charcoal etc. Worth the trip!

Breathtaking scenery. Clean sites.

Great place to fish and do all kinds of water sports

Pretty place

Awesome scenery, always clean

Absolutely Amazing

We stayed here back in June and it was by far one of the best camping experiences I’ve ever had! Jill was so welcoming and warm, and she even showed us around some of the beautiful trails (which are definitely “hidden” gems). Our little campsite was so cozy with a table, a fire pit and a grill. It was right next to the creek! The morning walk to the camp house was lovely because on the way there, we passed a herd of adorable cows and the scenery is just so homey and gorgeous. I’d 100% recommend, and we will certainly be back! 🌈🌞🏕✨🌿

Decent

I didn't come here out of choice, but out of necessity to stay with my friends as we were going to float. Our campsite was tucked in behind the stage and very near the restrooms.

The restrooms were nice, but could have been laid out way better and more efficient. One toilet in the men's and as a tall guy…when the door touches you when you sit……well that isn't great. The showers were large and worked well.

There is a disc golf course on site, which I can only assume can be played when the campsite attendance is low.

I did see a few RVs, I am not sure on hookups, but they were right next to the bathroom.

I believe they do charge by car, so I paid for 1 person what a family of 4 pays. Not sure how I feel, but it is what it is.

Beautiful Campground & State Park

We were only staying here one night (unfortunately) on a cross country camping road trip with two young kids (2 & 4.) we stayed in loop A which was all tents when we were there, I didn’t see any hook ups. There were some hike in trails off of this loop. This loop has around 24 sites and we stayed in site 22, which was right across from the restrooms/showers. This was fine for us bc we have two small kids and like to be close to restrooms/showers but if you’re looking for privacy this spot might not be for you, we had some people walking through our site to get to the restrooms. But all sites were large enough I wouldn’t be too worried.

Cons: there was a coke vending machine by the camp board (out in the open) that was lit up and an annoyance when trying to star gaze at night, distracted from the nature. The water spigots were dripping out of the sides and slightly annoying to use if you were trying to fill up a container.

Pros: gorgeous surroundings, rangers were friendly, large sites, all seemed flat, clean bathrooms and showers, trash and recycling at frequent intervals around the loops, all clean, water, nice camp store with basic necessities like soap and light snacks, playground for kids back by the camp store (we didn’t test it out tho) and did I mention the beautiful surroundings?

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.