Shady Grove , OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Shady Grove

Most Recent Shady Grove Camping Reviews
Stop over

We stopped here do to winter storm. We did not get to enjoy much of what this site offered due to rain. Pull through sites lined by trees. Staff very friendly.

A Tradition We Look Forward to All Year

We stay at spavinaw every June.   I've been for 13 years and my husband has gone for 36.  It's beautiful.   A wonderful place for all ages.   There is swimming and fishing and beautiful scenery.   It fills up on the weekends over summer but still doesn't feel too crowded.   The "waterfall" is probably a favorite for the kids as long as the water is running.   You can't beat tradition.   We have a family reunion under the pavilion.   There's a corner store up the road.   The bathrooms are nice,  but there aren't any stalls.   Just one toilet and one shower.   There are electric and primitive sites. It's a nice flowing creek with fairly clear water and a "beach".  The rocks are so pretty here.   Especially by the water fall.

Absolutely Amazing

We stayed here back in June and it was by far one of the best camping experiences I’ve ever had! Jill was so welcoming and warm, and she even showed us around some of the beautiful trails (which are definitely “hidden” gems). Our little campsite was so cozy with a table, a fire pit and a grill. It was right next to the creek! The morning walk to the camp house was lovely because on the way there, we passed a herd of adorable cows and the scenery is just so homey and gorgeous. I’d 100% recommend, and we will certainly be back! 🌈🌞🏕✨🌿

Decent

I didn't come here out of choice, but out of necessity to stay with my friends as we were going to float. Our campsite was tucked in behind the stage and very near the restrooms.

The restrooms were nice, but could have been laid out way better and more efficient. One toilet in the men's and as a tall guy…when the door touches you when you sit……well that isn't great. The showers were large and worked well.

There is a disc golf course on site, which I can only assume can be played when the campsite attendance is low.

I did see a few RVs, I am not sure on hookups, but they were right next to the bathroom.

I believe they do charge by car, so I paid for 1 person what a family of 4 pays. Not sure how I feel, but it is what it is.

Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Beautiful Campground & State Park

We were only staying here one night (unfortunately) on a cross country camping road trip with two young kids (2 & 4.) we stayed in loop A which was all tents when we were there, I didn’t see any hook ups. There were some hike in trails off of this loop. This loop has around 24 sites and we stayed in site 22, which was right across from the restrooms/showers. This was fine for us bc we have two small kids and like to be close to restrooms/showers but if you’re looking for privacy this spot might not be for you, we had some people walking through our site to get to the restrooms. But all sites were large enough I wouldn’t be too worried.

Cons: there was a coke vending machine by the camp board (out in the open) that was lit up and an annoyance when trying to star gaze at night, distracted from the nature. The water spigots were dripping out of the sides and slightly annoying to use if you were trying to fill up a container.

Pros: gorgeous surroundings, rangers were friendly, large sites, all seemed flat, clean bathrooms and showers, trash and recycling at frequent intervals around the loops, all clean, water, nice camp store with basic necessities like soap and light snacks, playground for kids back by the camp store (we didn’t test it out tho) and did I mention the beautiful surroundings?

Great Stopping place when traveling I-40

We chose this campground for the Tiny House rental for our Daughter and her husband & kids. We stayed in an RV site, enjoyed the pool, bounce pad & basketball. A shuttle runs that is wheelchair accessible that will take you into town for Wal-Mart runs and more 😊

This campground is nice but not really wheelchair friendly. The road was really large rock that is very bumpy and uncomfortable to wheel over.

Nice Getaway!

This campground is only 20 minutes from our home and we go here as a short getaway. We’ve been 3 times over the summer because it’s so close. There are sites on top of ridge overlooking Oolagah Lake. Site 10 is an accessible site. When you back in you have a nice view of lake from front window and living area of RV.

Sites 12, 14 & 15 are on ridge with views of lake and 17 is at bottom of hill with view of lake.

Park has a play area, trail, soccer field, boat ramp and short walk to beach area. We stayed in site 3 which is a spacious site and short walk to beach.

Mid October Oolagah Lake is in the path of Pelicans migrating south. When you camp mid to end of October the lake with be covered with a white layer of pelicans.

If you have accessible All Access Pass from National Park service you get a discount. We usually get 1/2 off. There are water spickets but not at individual sites. There is a dump station. 30 amps.

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

Beautiful Lake in the Ozarks

Small clean lake with lots of wildlife and close to Fayetteville. Kayak, canoe, and fishing, with bird watching, RV and tent camping, and day use areas among the trees! Some handicap accessible areas. Improvements and upgrades have been and are being made.