The best BOAT IN camping near
Hinton , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Hinton Camping Reviews
Great lakeside sites

This is a Army Corps Engineer campground. Well maintained. Great sites. Some lakeside. Many have tons of shade. Site spacing is good. Check in process was a bit annoying. Made reservations and paid online then had to wait in a long line at gate shack for them to hand you paperwork. Old guy on golf cart is not very friendly. Some of the best Walleye and Striper fishing around. Overall a great park

Foss State Park

We tent camped at Foss State Park in August 2020. We stayed at the Cottonwood campground site #6. All the tent sites were very spacious. There was a picnic table and grill and a water faucet nearby. The sites were nice and grassy and mowed. The bathroom was nice and clean with individual showers, each with their own door. So they were nice and private. Some of the old reviews mention needing quarters for the showers but they are now free. The playground was new and the kids had fun playing on it. The RV spots were a little crowded on the backside of the campground but pretty spread out closer to the entrance. We drove through the Sandy Beach campground and it seemed nice and secluded but the picnic tables were a little run down. The playground was really old too. But I think the bathroom was newer. Also, there was no sandy beach in this area. 🧐

The swim beach was nice and sandy. Much better than a lot of Oklahoma lakes. But like most lakes in Oklahoma, the water was super muddy.

There are two cabins for rent here. They looked pretty new as well. They have a marina and I believe you can rent boats but we never checked it out.

Overall, I definitely recommend Foss. It was a nice family friendly park to visit.

Beautiful location

We read a few reviews about distance between campers but we though even if full I would not describe it as a parking lot campground. The sites have green space and trees between them but the lake is superb. We are here on a Monday so there are only 4 other campers. It is peaceful and quiet. The sunset awesome. I would recommend a stay here.

Fun time but lost a lot of golf balls!

We enjoyed a fun weekend at Roman Nose State Park. There’s a lot of history there with many activities available. We had a fun round of golf on a difficult course.

Little hidden gem

Robinson’s Landing is nestled on the northern side of lake Latonka. The sites have concrete pads with water and 30/50amp hook ups. The sewage dump station isn’t very far directly across from the marina. The roads are gravel leading in from marina but are generally good to travel on. Sites sit close together however if you are lucky to get a water view it’s not bad. What makes this a great place is it’s proximity to the water and marina which offers paddle board and kayak rentals. Close by attraction are the north entry of the Witchsta Mountain wildlife refuge, Meers and Historic Medicine Park.

Great for the hot days

We visited Roman Nose in July of 2020 (my latest of several trips there since my youth). My boys loved it and enjoyed the hiking, fishing, and swimming. Our morning hike concluded around lunch and the shade-covered natural springs were a great way to beat the afternoon heat.

Lots of other activities available include putt putt, paddle boats, swimming pool, golf course, and the great restaurant Foggy Bottom Kitchen.

Plenty to offer

This is a beautiful area with plenty to offer. The golf course is challenging and my 11 year old was free. The signage getting to the park was great but within the park not so much. Know where your going before hand if you can. Be careful of low hanging branches if you have a taller RV.

Private Lakefront Sites

We have stayed at Fort Cobb State Park more than once. Always a great experience, quiet park, marina, golf course, and you can’t come to this park without visiting the Ski-Boy, a classic burger joint in Fort Cobb right on the way to the lake.

Lovely State Park with Lots to Do

We only spent one night at the Cottonwood Campground here and would go back in a heartbeat.  Sure, the facilities were old and buggy and I didn't even want to shower there, but the park has enough to keep me interested in coming back!

Nice 'heart healthy' trail off of Cottonwood that was about a mile long.  The park is huge and really needed to be explored more. Some great birding!

Fun with family and friends

Full hookups, quiet campground