Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 60 ft.
El Reno West KOA is located in Oklahoma
6 Reviews of El Reno West KOA
Literally a cramped expensive parking lot

Asked for largest pull through with easy access for a 44’ 5th wheel and got a spot in front of office with a electric pole on the corner. No way to pull in with out using 2 spots and several point turn. The trailer hung over both ends of spot without the truck attached. And yes it is a paved parking lot, place to spend night but should have stopped in a rest area on 40

All the Comforts

We stayed here over July 4th holiday to be closer to grand kids. This park is very nice if you make sure you are in the shaded areas. It was very busy and we had trouble finding a spot to fish with a 6 year old. The trails to the lake were pretty steep and intimidating. Some of the older kids had no trouble at all though. The park staff were great to visit with and very helpful. The bath house, pool and little store were all nice and a very good restaurant and gift shop next door.

Love this place!

Pool, pedal carts, jumping pillow, and a playground for the kids! Super friendly staff. If you need full hook ups, those are basically a parking lot. However, there’s some really nice shaded electric/water sites for RVs and tent sites. The bathrooms are super nice and clean. Pond has great crappie fishing too! It’s way less crowded than the state parks, and it’s nice place to spend a weekend away. They have little cabins that have beautiful, shaded outside areas (fire pits, porch swings, etc) and they’re cheap to rent. We’re not typically “KOA” type campers, but we really enjoy this place.

Campground with Trail of Tears History

We were looking for a campground on our trip out west, and we found this one. It drew our attention because of the long wall with a beautiful mural, because there was a billboard showing a bouncing balloon, and that it is a KOA. That was a few years ago, and I am finally getting around to reviewing it. When we first got to the campground, we went over to the Cherokee Trading Post, and we decided to get buffalo burgers(our first). Then we explored what the campground and adjacent area had to offer. We were fascinated by the long mural, the teepee, and the bison in the pen. While we were selecting our campsite, my older son asked if he could jump on the bouncing balloon out front, and the person at the desk said yes. The next thing I know, I heard a loud,"boom!” I guess the balloon had gotten old and deteriorated, and it was time for it to go. According to their website, the campground apparently has replaced it. Back at the campground, the site was grassy and shady. There are squirrels that are not so afraid of people. My older son even fed one. That may or may not be a problem for future campers. Overall, it’s not so bad for an overnight stay, but if I were staying longer, I would be more concerned about the traffic noise from the highway.

Good for stop off stay

This KOA is directly off I-40 exit 108. It is a decent quick over night if you are passing through. If possible I recommend the spots in back. The full hook up spots up front are literally a parking lot. The spots are so close you are almost touching the RVs beside you. All facilities are clean. Staff is friendly. The pool is nice and there is a small lake for fishing. There is a tourist trap in front call The Cherokee Trading Post. There is all a Cherokee Restaurant. Good food. And there is also a nice convenience store.

Easy access into park from freeway

Gravel stalls. Plenty long enough for rv and car trailer. Walking distance to Trading Post. Buffaloes on site in a pen. Interesting jumping structure and tons of park equipment to work out on.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift