The best WALK IN camping near
Durant , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Durant Camping Reviews
Beautiful place in Southern OK

Beautiful river in the hills of Southern Oklahoma.This is a public fishing and hunting area and not a state park , therefore it is much more primitive.  For the most part campers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, many of whom refuse to do so. There were a lot of toilet paper piles and dirty diapers in the woods surrounding the campsites. The area was also packed full of people with Texas tags.  The area gets more pristine the further you get from the campsites and parking areas. There is a catch and release trophy section at the upper reaches of the river. Be sure to have the proper outdoors license for your activity as the area is heavily patrolled and enforced. Be aware of the barbless hook areas. The river mostly consists of clear water flowing over a series of rock ledges with long clear pools in between. It is not ideal for floating as you will have to portage every quarter mile or so. The facilities consist of a few pit toilets that are not regularly cleaned. Outside of the camping and parking areas there is no vehicle access.

Love the Lake...Site 9 not so much

Great sites around this lake but if only the area around #9 is open you might want to rethink. Right on top of each other and the picnic tables, fire pits are oddly placed.

Nice!

Nice clean campground. Fills up fast. Great showers.

Beautiful place

Our camping site was 022 On Armadilla Hill

Private balconies overlooking the lake

I had never heard of McGee Creek State park but had a blast here last weekend! We stayed right on the water at Potapo Landing. Definitely the nicest campsite I’ve seen. Aside from electricity, water, picnic table, fire pit and grill, each site also had their own deck! We got lucky as our site was not directly next to other campers, however most sites were pretty close together. It seemed like many of the RVs that were parked were there permanently (or at least for a very long time). Every now and then we’d catch a whiff of sewage smell but other than that it was very quiet and peaceful weekend.

Nice Getaway from Dallas!

One of my first and favorite state parks in Texas. Several nice hiking trails, fond memories of Daddy/Daughter camping trips, and a quick escape to a relaxing & restful place an hour north of Dallas!

My new favorite

This place is so beautiful and FREE! You must have a fishing or hunting license to camp here. Camping stops are spaced out very well. It is primitive camping. There is no electricity and there are some bathrooms but very few which doesn’t bother me bc I don’t use them anyways. It is very relaxing and was somewhat quiet other than the person 50 yards away allowing their kids to scream bloody murder for over an hour lol but other than that it was peaceful! Will be returning soon with my son to take him fishing. The water is so clear, you can see the fish in it.

Nice Little Place

Starting with just making the reservation. By far the easiest process for booking a site we have ever experienced. The website is well organized and very descriptive when explaining the amenities of each site. I also greatly appreciated the text messages letting us know when and how to check in. Its nice to know the expectations on arrival. It is a very small campground with the a majority of the sites well separated. There were a few clusters of close spaces, but as I mentioned above, the website made it clear as to what sites those were. The RV site itself(#36) was easy to back into with plenty of space for our outdoor set up. Fair warning, the water hookups are FAR from the site. Do not under estimate how far these things are. With 75ft of hose - we were barely reaching the nozzle. Again, we warned of this when making our reservation. Finally, the beaches. It was nice the only people who had access to the water were the people who had booked a site, this is because there is a gate into the campground you must have a code for. If there was another point of entry, we did not see it. The thing keeping this place from earning 5 stars, is the uncleanliness of said beaches. Pieces of metal, glass, and garbage were all over the place. Was not a place we could sit down and enjoy. I may have very well missed a cleaner stretch within this campground and just did not walk far enough to find, but what we did find was a bummer. Other than that, it was a great place and somewhere we would be happy to come back to.

Way too packed and littered

I’ve tried to like sulphur but I don’t. It’s a beautiful area but extremely crowded and oh so noisy. The gorgeous pictures you see of the waterfalls aren’t like that. They are lined with people sitting on them. We had to hike downstream quite a ways to get away from every one. Will not be returning.

Great RV Campsites