Edison , OHIO

Most Recent Edison Camping Reviews
Hidden Gem!!

Wow!! We happened to stumble across this campground while making an ohio map of campgrounds to visit. For some reason this place is not known to most. Every time I ask people if they've been here, no one ever knows about it. Even my parents didn't know it existed, and we did a lot of camping growing up. Delete state park is in the middle of corn county and has very little around it. Just the drive from the entrance of the park to the sites takes ten minutes. But it is a beautiful drive. The park is huge, gas multiple playgrounds, beach, tornado shelter, etc. The campgrounds have brand new roads and pads that are very level, very long and extremely wide! The absolute best site pads I've seen. The sites are large mostly spread out. Many of the bathrooms are updated to the private seperate bath/shower stalls that were amazing to use. We booked at the last minute and honestly didn't have the highest hopes for the place based on some older reviews. We really lucked out with the ONLY site that was open. Amazing site 197!!! This site was probably the best site in the entire campground. It was huge, backed up to the woods, lake, hiking trails and a huge picnic area in the woods. The fire pit, which was at least 20 feet behind our camper, had a circle of trees around it where we hung our two hammocks and had room for more. All of the fire pits were the newest ODNR model with the swing away and adjustable cooking grate. Sounds like a small feature, but it is actually amazing compared to all the others. This site seemed like it was twice as big as the others. When we plan our trips for the summer, we usually prefer going somewhere new each time. We have a limited number of places we put on our return trip. This one has made it to number 2, behind Kelly's Island and Maumee Bay. We would highly recommend!!!!

Favorite Park in Ohio

We love this park! Lots of hiking! Even saw a bald eagle this trip.

Another Thanksgiving spent in our camper and it was so nice and relaxing. There were more campers than a expected this weekend. I guess everyone likes to social distance in there campers too.

Camping in the off season is our favorite time of year. This particular park has potable water on by the dump station and the dump station is open. The water at the full hook up sites are turned off.

No cell service with Verizon at this park.

Not for me

This is an amazing place. I felt like I had arrived at a cult gathering. Lots of kids on bikes and families having fun. Sounded like live music after dark accompanied by whooping and hollering and people having fun. I hiked with my dogs before leaving and got lost for awhile. The place is big. Did not go into shower or any Other facility. This is a certain kind of place but not for me. Sites on top of each other.

Boring spot with lots of horse poop!

I got to Mohican a little late. Decided to do this free spot to save money. Well hidden with no view. Also had to dodge lots of horse manure. I definitely should have gotten a paid for spot.

Best campground we’ve been to all year

This summer my family has went to many campgrounds and by far Delaware has been our favorite. The site we were on was set back in the woods. My daughter had tons of fun exploring the woods connected to our site. We did not swim due to it being in the 60s and rainy during most of our stay but we did go look at the beach it was very clean and appears well cared for. The bathroom on our loop was older def in need of some updating but it wasn’t a big deal.

Park and pack site #4

Near the bridal trails you'll find Park and Pack site #4. It's a great spot if your legs are tired after a long day of hiking or if you did too many hills that day. Or if you're a beginner camper, or family that want to try something new, it's easy to walk into and out of. You'll find campsite #4 near the horse pavilion and a large wood barn where it looks that wood is provided. The trail itself is flat, wide and conditions depend on recent rainfall and horse use. It was mostly dry with some muddy areas to navigate around. You'll need to transport it back to camp somehow by pack or a cart/wheelbarrow… It has creative man made benches from logs/branches, a great view for sunset. Per paper maps it looks like it's among the other campsites but actually it's on its own and the opposite side of the multiple bridal trailhead.

Beach, Not a campground

The location of this listing is for the public beach and not the campground. The campground is farther north. This beach is really nice at the beginning of the season but the busier it is the worse it gets as the summer progresses. It seems like most of the people who frequent this beach or boat in the lake do not clean up after themselves or their pets. By midsummer the beach is a mess and the fish are dying in droves. It’s very disappointing.

Large spacious Covid19 friendly site

Take a walk down a dirt beaten path with mature trees towering and hang a right and the path gets more eroded from rains, then you go up a slight steep hill and a big area is open for several tents to be set up, a few safe spots for hammocking. Lovely spot for after work camp set up.

Hidden Gem

Somewhere among the hustle and bustle and just outside Columbus you can find this hidden gem of a park in Grove City. Backpacking sites, rope bridge crossing over a creek that kids and adults would love to explore. Wide trails, grass fields and woods that are beautiful all seasons.

Short backpacking trail with great sites!

Scioto Grove is great if you're looking to test out some new backpacking gear. There are 5 reservable sites along the river trail and they all have tent pads and a fire pit, besides that they're totally primitive. Very nice park and will be back here soon!