About Greensboro KOA

Roll in and relax. That could be the motto at this new KOA, with its easy-on/easy-off access from I-40, I-85 and other routes passing through the transportation hub of Greensboro. The campground's extra-long RV Pull Thru Sites and Camping Cabins make settling in a breeze. Explore the walking trails, take a splash in the pool or join in some of the outdoor games. When you're ready for more, the city offers an amazing array of restaurants and activities. Check out the Guilford Courthouse National Military Park and the Carolina SciQuarium. Art galleries, furniture showrooms and outlets abound, and basketball fans know that Greensboro is right in the heart of hoops action. Whether this KOA is your destination or a stopover, the friendly staff welcomes you! Pool: Memorial Weekend - Labor Day Weekend. Max pull thru: 70 feet.

Fee Info
Adults 18+, Kids 0-17, Free 0--1
Private
Greensboro KOA is located in North Carolina
Directions
I-40/Business I-85: Take Exit 224/Gate City Blvd. Turn south, travel 0.2 miles to Sharpe Road. Turn right on Sharpe Road; travel 0.9 miles to Trox Street (only street off Sharpe Road on right). Turn right on Trox Street. This KOA is at the bottom of Trox Street on left. Traveling Westbound: Turn left on Gate City Blvd. Traveling Eastbound: Turn right on Gate City Blvd.
2 Reviews of Greensboro KOA
OK for an overnight stop, if you can handle the road noise

We stayed in site #18, which was a FHU pull-through. The site was fairly level, but quite short. Not enough room for us to keep our truck in front of our pop-up, which is what we look for in quick overnight stops. Also, it was a bit of a walk to the bath house, even though I specifically requested a site close to the bath house when I booked the reservation 8 months prior.

Bath house was ok. It was clean enough, but you could tell it was extremely old, and needed to be completely redone instead of just painted over. That was the general theme for much of the campground; very old, not particularly attractive or welcoming, and in need of a face-lift. The laundry room, however, was very nice, clean, and well-lit. I believe they only recently converted to a KOA, so it seemed like they were in the middle of some needed capital improvements. Still not worth the KOA prices at this time, in my opinion. Had a minor customer service issue at check-in, but decided the annoyance wasn't worth making a big deal so I got over it pretty quickly. Additionally, they closed the office at 7pm, which I found out when I went back to get some change for laundry after we set up. Being that this is a KOA Journey, one of the supposed features of this designation is extended office/check-in hours for travelers coming in for overnight stops, so I was surprised by this. However, the owners ended up pulling up right then to check on something in the office, and they very graciously agreed to get me some change while they were in there.

One other item of note: this CG is located right off I-40, which is very convenient, but the road noise is loud and constant. I had already expected this from reading other reviews, and they did make a bowl of free, disposable ear plugs available in the office, which was a nice gesture. The combination of the said ear plugs and exhaustion from a long day on the road allowed me to sleep pretty well, but if you’re at all sensitive to noise, it would be a deal-breaker.

It seems Greensboro offers all modern conveniences, and lots of things to do, but we didn’t explore beyond the CG.

Overall, this was an OK overnight stop for us between the Smokies and OBX (an almost perfect halfway point). Location is very convenient to the highway if you can handle the road noise. I wouldn’t stay here for more than a night, and honestly, if we were to take the same trip again, I’d likely look for a quieter (and certainly cheaper) option, even if it meant going a few miles out of the way.

Noisy and poorly maintained

This campground has a lot of potential. Unfortunately it is situated right next to a major highway so it is quite noisy. That is something that I can somewhat overlook if the facilities are great. However, with numerous stays here, the campground continued to be poorly maintained. We stayed here in a travel trailer.