Pets Unknown
Cedarock Park is located in North Carolina
2 Reviews of Cedarock Park
Ranger Review: OOFOS OOmg shoes at Cedarock Park Campground

Campground Review

As one of the best and biggest parks in my area, I've spent a good bit of time at Cedarock Park. There is SO much to do for any outdoor fan. The park is almost 500 acres in size and offers:

• 6 miles of hiking trails
  • 6 miles of equestrian trails
  • 2 disc golf courses with a total of 36 holes for play
  • A historical farm restored to the late 1800s time period
  • 2 fishing ponds
  • A picturesque waterfall over an old mill dam
  • Picnic shelters and gazebos
  • A basketball court, volleyball court, and playground
  • Canoe and kayak rentals
  • And of course, camping

Cedarock Park offers a handful of sites along Rock Creek, which runs through the park. The sites are only available via hiking in (though the "hike" is a short quarter mile down a wooded forest path). Each site includes a fire pit and bench with ample space to set up tents. The sites are all super flat, which makes finding some place comfortable to set up a tent that much easier. Sites are $10/night for groups under 10 people in size and cost an additional $1 for each person over 10. Reservations are required (though they do accept walk-ins at the park office). You can reserve a site either by calling the park office or by going online. There is a 3 night limit for camping. Park hours are as follows:

• November - March: 8am to 6pm
  • April: 8am to 8pm
  • May - August: 8am to 9pm
  • September - October: 8am to 8pm

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to test and review products from time to time. At this campground, I tested OOFOS OOmg low shoes for women.

As someone with perpetually flat feet (due in part to being a swimmer most of my life and in part because I do everything in my Birkenstocks) it's always been hard for me to find a pair of shoes that I not only like but will actually wear. I can say with confidence that OOFOS OOmg shoes will be added to my very small list of shoes I love. Here's a few of the reasons why:

1. They are unbelievably comfortable. The footbed is made of a super soft foam that greatly reduces the stress on your feet, knees, and back from walking. The mesh material is flexible and breathable, making these so much less constricting than a regular shoe.
  2. They are SUPER light weight while also being incredibly sturdy. I did a few miles of hiking in them and was amazed at how easy it was to move in these shoes.
  3. They are actually really cute on. While this isn't normally a factor for me, I was pleasantly surprised by how cool they looked. They come in multiple colors (I ordered the electric blue) which I really liked (because who doesn't love options?)
  4. They can be worn with or without socks. I wore them without socks and was amazed to have no blisters and pain anywhere after walking a few miles.

Overall I would recommend these shoes in a heartbeat. They're comfortable, breathable, and light weight, making them the perfect pair of shoes for outdoor lovers of any variety.

Hidden gem for a quick outdoor getaway

Cedarock Park, located in Burlington, North Carolina, is a hidden gem for all sorts of outdoor activities. The park offers hike-in camping with a handful of sites scattered along Rock Creek. The sites are well spaced and can accommodate large groups (you only pay $1 for each additional person for groups larger than 10). The park is also home to 6 miles of hiking trails and 6 miles of equestrian trails. There are two fantastic disc golf courses (I personally enjoy the Wellspring course) and even a historical farm that sheds light on what life was like as a farmer in 19th century North Carolina.